This is will be a part-time fixed term contract for a period of 2 years. Hours of work will be 28 hours per week. The salary for this post will be aligned to LA Grade V Salary Scale (pro rata)commensurate with experience. The primary function of the Finance Governance Officer is to ensure that all finance and governance regulations and obligations regarding reporting, compliance, sourcing, are completed in line with the Governance Code for Sport to satisfy the needs of Meath LSP and
key funding bodies.
The candidate shall have:
• A recognised qualification at degree (or higher) level or equivalent in Accounting Technician or similar
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in financial administration/management
• Strong internal control awareness and understanding of the importance of good governance
• Competent and experienced in the use of Sage 50 Accounts & Sage Payroll (desirable)
• Preparation of budgets and financial reports
• Preparation for financial audits and end of year procedures
• Banking and cashflow management experience
• Excellent financial, organisational and time management skills.
• Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
• Ability to produce and access information efficiently and accurately.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong analytical skills.
• An ability to use own initiative and, work as part of a team or independently as the situation demands.
• A high degree of flexibility with a strong team spirit.
• Awareness of the importance and value of participation in sport / active recreation
• An interest in sport and physical activity Candidate must hold a full clean driving licence and have own transport.
Title: Finance and Governance Officer (FGO)
Hours: 28 hours per week. The chosen candidate must be flexible, and willing to work evening/weekends if required, with time off in lieu.
Location: Post is based at the office of Meath Local Sports Partnership, Navan, Co. Meath. Whereas the role is office based, flexible hours & remote working can be considered.
Reports to: Sports Partnership Coordinator.
Contract type & Duration of Employment: Two-year fixed term contract subject to satisfactory completion of a six month probationary period.
Salary: Salary in line with the grade 5 local authority pay scale. Entry point €43,633 – €52,401
Roles & Responsibilities:
The primary function of the FGO is to ensure that all finance and governance regulations and obligations regarding reporting, compliance, sourcing, are completed in line with the Governance Code for Sport to satisfy the needs of Meath LSP and key funding bodies. The post holder will report directly to the Sports Coordinator and will provide high quality financial & governance support to Meath LSP Sports Coordinator, Board, committees & staff. The FGO will have an understanding and commitment to the principles and values of Meath LSP and work as a responsible member of the overall team, participate in team meetings and ensure confidentiality and professional integrity at all times.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
• Manage the day to day finances of Meath LSP taking responsibility for accounts payable and receivable
• Assist in budget management, financial projection and planning, procurement oversight, financial reporting and banking/cashflow management
• Manage & integrate SAGE payroll system & SAGE accounts system
• Run fortnightly payroll for Meath LSP staff team
• Where applicable, administration of staff pensions and any other associated staff benefits
• Support the coordinator in the preparation of monthly and year end accounts and in the preparation for the annual audit.
• Develop and prepare financial reports and quarterly/half-yearly financial updates for the Coordinator, Meath LSP board, committees, funders and regulatory bodies.
• Assist in preparing funding applications and quarterly/annual funding analysis/reports for Coordinator, Meath LSP board, committees, funders and regulatory bodies.
• Develop a system, with relevant templates, to co-ordinate and monitor funding applications, approvals and reporting timelines.
• Accurate tracking and recording of funding spend in line with approval rational
• Keep up to date on Meath LSP financial/legal obligations including CRO obligations
• Support the Sports Co-ordinator, Meath LSP Board and relevant committees in the planning, implementation and monitoring of progress with regard to compliance with the Governance Code for Sport.
• In partnership with the Co-ordinator:
➢ Prepare, review and update company policies for governance and present to coordinator for approval
➢ Develop systems, standard operating procedures and templates to support the implementation of company policies.
➢ Keep up to date and informed on governance matters, upcoming changes and information from the various stakeholders.
➢ Be the point of contact for queries into the Meath LSP on areas relating to governance
➢ Conduct regular monitoring and annual audit of governance compliance within Meath LSP and report findings and recommendations to the Co-ordinator.
• Support and contribute to the preparation, completion and review of Meath LSP’s annual operational plans for the delivery of the Meath LSP Strategy
• Undertake additional duties and tasks as requested by the Coordinator or other designated person.
• Be flexible in approach to work and undertake any other duties that may be required within the remit of Meath LSP – this may involve occasional evening/weekend work from time to time.
• Ensure that all activities undertaken as an officer of Meath LSP are in line with Meath LSP values, codes of practice and relevant legislation.
• Staff supervision may be required for certain bodies of work.
Short listing of candidates may apply based on the information supplied. Canvassing will disqualify. Those selected will be invited to attend for interview w/c October 18th 2021 Meath LSP shall require the person to whom the appointment is offered to take up such appointment as soon as possible.
Job & Person Specification available from email@example.com or can be downloaded
from our website https://www.meathsports.ie/meath-lsp-wishes-to-recruit-a-financegovernance-officer/ or by calling 046 9067337
Please send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon Friday 8th October 2021
Candidates may be short-listed on the basis of information supplied in their application.
Meath Local Sports Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer