Job Title: Executive Manager
Location: Northern Ireland Sports Forum Office, House of Sport, Upper Malone Road, Belfast, BT95LA.
Hours: 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: £30,000 plus pension contribution
Duration: Fixed term until 31st of March 2015 (subject to further funding this post may be extended.)
Reporting to: The Northern Ireland Sports Forum Board through appointed Line Manager.
The Executive Manager will be responsible for coordinating the implementation of the
Northern Ireland Sports Forum Strategic Plan (2013-2017) and for responding to the
collective and individual needs of the membership, which includes Governing Bodies
of Sport and other members and key stakeholders in Northern Ireland. Duties will
focus on promoting the value of sport and its volunteers in Northern Ireland and
raising the profile of the Northern Ireland Sports Forum.
To achieve the above the post holder will be expected to undertake the following duties:
- Coordinate the implementation of the Sports Forum Strategic Plan 2013-2017.
- Work with and report to the NI Sport Forum Board on a quarterly basis on progress to ensure a complementary and holistic approach to the overall management, support provision and capacity building for members and other organisations.
- In conjunction with the Northern Ireland Sports Forum Board, submit applications to funding sources to enable the Sports Forum to progress its work.
- Work in partnership with member bodies and other agencies to ascertain the training and development needs of the voluntary sports sector in Northern Ireland. This will include:
(i) Helping organisations to assess their current performance and identify areas for improvement in terms of their governance and management;
(ii) Proving guidance on governance and management issues on an individual and collective basis;
(iii) Providing an annual programme of Governance improvement workshops and seminars for member bodies.
- Manage and maintain existing communication channels with member bodies and other stakeholders including updating the Sports Forum website, management of a twice monthly Ezine and managing the Sports Forum social media accounts.
- Represent the Northern Ireland Sports Forum on relevant organisations and groups as agreed by the Board.
- Consult with and respond on behalf of the voluntary sport sector regarding legislation, policies and strategies which will impact sport in Northern Ireland.
- Work in partnership and develop strategic alliances with relevant organisations in Northern Ireland, the UK and the Republic of Ireland in order to further develop voluntary sport in Northern Ireland and raise the profile of the voluntary sports sector within the wider voluntary sector.
- Manage the day to day running of the Sports Forum, including administrative and finance related duties.
- Prepare operational plans and monitoring reports and attend regular monitoring and planning meetings with stakeholders.
- To lobby government on a regional and national basis and to monitor and assess the impact of all sports related policies and strategies.
- To undertake any other relevant and related duties as may be reasonably required from time to time by the Board of the Northern Ireland Sports Forum.
This job description is not exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in light of the changing needs of the organisation
Job Title: Executive Manager
NB. Only those applicants who can demonstrate they meet the Criteria marked with an * under the Essential criteria will in the first instance be invited to attend for interview. All other criteria will be assessed at interview.
For further information please log on to the Northern Irish Sport Forum website where you can download an application form as well as find any other information you may require.