About Golf Ireland:
Based in Carton Demesne, near Maynooth, Golf Ireland is the national governing body responsible for leading, growing and supporting the game of golf for all on the island of Ireland. In addition to the Carton Demesne site, Golf Ireland has teams
based in four regional offices in each of the provinces of Ireland. The teams in these locations are responsible for the delivery of local operations in conjunction with their respective Regional Executive Committees. The primary functions of Golf Ireland include the administration of Championships and Inter-Club events, the administration of the World Handicap System and the
Rules of Golf and Amateur Status, the delivery of a world-class high performance programme, contesting and hosting international fixtures, supporting clubs and growing the game. Golf Ireland now wishes to invite applications for the following role to be based at Golf Ireland HQ at Carton Demesne.
• Manage the diary and correspondence of the Chief Executive Officer, highlighting any priority areas that require attention.
• Record and highlight important deadlines/tasks for the Chief Executive Officer to follow up on.
• Co-ordinate attendees for meetings with the Chief Executive Officer.
• Manage the diary and travel arrangements of the President of Golf Ireland.
• Manage databases and filing systems for the Chief Executive Officer.
• Work with the COO to compile reports as required.
• Assist with the administration of key departments as required.
• Assist at Golf Ireland events and tournament as required.
The role will also include a basic level of HR Responsibilities, which will include:
• Coordinate training and development activities with the relevant line managers, such as sourcing suitable training programmes and scheduling staff attendance at such programmes;
• Coordinate the planning of annual leave and maintain up to date annual leave records in conjunction with the relevant line managers.
• Manage administration activities associated with approved employee benefits, e.g., mobile phone policy;• Update and maintain HR records and information in a confidential manner.
• Provide general HR administrative support to the organisation as a whole.
About the Candidate:
Experience & Knowledge:
• Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Office (mainly word, excel and outlook).
• Previous administration experience.
• Experience in HR administration is desirable but not essential.
Competencies & Attributes:
• Flexible and adaptable.
• Works well under pressure.
• Willingness to learn and embrace new challenges.
• Has strong communication skills.
• Is personable.
• Good oral and written skills.
• Is able to be discreet and can be trusted as the role will often have access to
How to Apply:
Applications for the role must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae and be
sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1700 on Friday, March 26th, 2021