The Irish American Football Association (IAFA) is seeking to appoint a Director of Development who has a strong interest in sport and is willing to volunteer their time to a sporting organisation. This is a volunteer position and the successful applicant will be appointed to a rolling one-year contract.
IAFA is the National Governing Body for American football in Ireland and is recognised as such by Sport Ireland and the International Federation of American Football (IFAF). At present IAFA is a volunteer-run organisation and there are over 1,600 active members involved in the sport at various levels. American football is a rapidly growing sport in Ireland, and we are expanding our Management team to meet this increased demand.
IAFA is managed by a Board of Management, members of which are elected by the membership, who in turn appoint Directors to manage each section of the sport. The Director of Development will report directly to the IAFA Board and will be the Board’s principal advisor on development.
The Director of Development will facilitate and support the delivery of initiatives, which will develop and expand the range of opportunities of the game of American Football within Ireland. They will also work to allow the existing IAFA community to more fully participate in recreational, sporting and physical activity.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Lead the promotion of good governance within our member clubs
- Create and sustain development packages for clubs covering areas such as sponsorship, volunteer recruitment, athlete retention etc
- Assist the Board with the development of long-term strategic planning
- Assist other directors where necessary in developing their departments by organising, developing and delivering a varied range of activities, projects or programmes.
- Deliver development workshops on various topics, such as applying for grants
- Engage with clubs to create their own development plans and assist where needed
- To Support the development of new opportunities to increase participation in the association
|· Marketing & Promotion experience
· Excellent administrative, organisational and IT skills
· A relevant third level qualification to degree level or equivalent in Sports and Recreation, Health Promotion or other relevant disciplines is desirable
|· Strong oral presentation skills
· Deadline driven
· Self-motivated including self-starter
· Good administration skills
· Coaching qualification desirable
Terms of Appointment
- Attendance at IAFA Board meetings & AGM as required (up to 6 per annum)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses based on IAFA mileage rates or vouched receipts
- Equipment and consumables to perform the functions of the role subject to budgetary constraints
Apply online via our website www.americanfootball.ie – a CV, cover letter and two references will be required. Please submit all items in PDF format where possible. Application will only be accepted up to 29th February 2020. An interview may be required following application.