Cycling Ireland (CI) is the National Governing Body for Cycling (Road, Track, MTB, Para, BMX) and associated disciplines on the island of Ireland. Cycling is recognised as a priority sport in the National Sports Policy and is one of Ireland’s most popular sporting activities with an estimated 250,000 people participating on a regular basis. In addition, cycling is a popular form of transport with 9.8% of the population using pedal power as a means of transport.
Cycling Ireland is one of Ireland’s most successful sports governing bodies, inspiring tens of thousands of people to ride their bikes and enabling Irish athletes to compete and win on the World stage.
We now have an opening for a Membership Administration Team Leader at an incredibly exciting time for our sport. This newly created role requires a candidate with excellent organisational and administrative skills as well as an innovative and creative approach to delivering best in class membership services.
Job Title: Membership Administration Team Leader
Responsible to: Marketing & Communications Manager Responsible for: Management of the Membership Administration Department and delivery of member services. Hours of work: Full Time (39 hours per week)
Membership Administration Team Leader
The Membership Administration Team Leader will be responsible for supervising membership administration staff, providing a range of services to our members and managing the call desk and e-mail support. Insurance and event administration as well as ensuring the Membership System is operating efficiently and keeps pace with developments is a vital component of the role as well as assisting in the development of membership services associated with the acquisition and retention of members.
Responsibilities will include:
• Effectively manage the annual membership renewal process
• Play a leading role in the acquisition of new members and retention of existing members
• Supervise the work of the membership administration team and ensure excellent customer service is provided
• Manage the creation and procurement of printed membership collateral and ensure that it is delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner to service the needs of members • Ensure the membership system operates efficiently, issues are reported to and acted upon by our IT support partner and that enhancements are implemented in a timely and non-disruptive manner
• Ensure excellent customer service is provided through Cycling Ireland’s call desk, email support function and social media channels
• Contribute to the development of Cycling Ireland’s membership offering. Enhancing current membership products and services and developing new products and services to increase revenue and market share
• Ensure that all event related administration and insurance needs are dealt with promptly
• Assist with the promotion of cycling in Ireland
• Maintain an understanding of CI Technical Rules and be able to assist members in the interpretation and implementation of same
• Adhere to all CI Policies and procedures
• Other ad hock duties as determined by senior management
• Act as an ambassador for CI and represent the organisation professionally
• Manage own workload and report on outputs
• Produce reports, deal with correspondence and attend relevant meetings
Candidates should note that this list does not represent an exhaustive list and is subject to change as the job requires.
• Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis
• Excellent command of English language both spoken and written
Essential Skills and Experience
• 3+ years’ experience in a similar membership administration role/s
• A sports management, marketing or communications qualification or mindset
• Demonstrate prior development and delivery of innovative member services
• Ability to develop and motivate a team • Knowledge of membership systems
• Experience of updating websites
• An understanding of the Irish sporting landscape
• A degree in sports management, marketing, communications or similar
• Experience of managing social media channels and using email marketing services
• Experience working with volunteers
• Full driving licence
• Interpersonal and written communication skills of the highest order
• Computer literate and well versed in the use of Microsoft Office
• A can-do attitude and problem solver
• Creative thinker with strong administrative skills and attention to detail
• Strong work ethic and ability to work in a dynamic environment
Remuneration and Location
The package will include a salary in the range of €35-38k, commensurate with qualifications and experience, reflective of the not for profit/sports sector.
The successful candidate will enjoy excellent company benefits including:
• Group Pension contribution
• Access and Discounted use of Sport Ireland Campus facilities
• Free Membership of Cycling Ireland
• Free parking
• 25 days holiday (not including Bank Holiday’s)
The primary place of work will be at Cycling Ireland Head Office located at The Clockhouse, Sport Ireland Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. This position will require, at times, an amount of weekend and evening availability with time-in lieu provided.
Application and Selection Process
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Monday, 30th September 2019.
Please send your application including CV, cover letter and/or response to the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. All applications will be treated with utmost confidence. Enquiries regarding the role should be directed to this same address. Following short-listing process, it is intended interviews will be held during w/c 7th October 2019. Role will commence as soon as possible thereafter.
Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory:
• Garda Vetting
• Access NI Vetting
• Reference Checking Procedures
Cycling Ireland is an Equal Opportunity Employer