Coordination of all ICC T20 Qualifiers that take place in Ireland in July 2014.
1. Working in tandem with the Tournament Manager from Cricket Scotland on the overall
Management of the World T20 Qualifier Tournament.
2. Management of all tournament documentation, schedules and submissions and ensuring all
ICC deadlines are met.
3. Management of the Event Budget and liaison with Finance on all budgetary matters
4. Recruitment and management of all-tournament team liaison officers.
5. Coordination of meetings and distribution of relevant materials.
6. Logistic planning for the successful delivery of matches in 4 different venues.
7. Oversee detailed production and event schedule
8. Managing Tournament Coordinator
9. Compiling staffing plans and advising staff of duties and roles.
10. Tournament Teams administration – managing hotel bookings, rooming allocations,
transportation for all teams.
11. Assisting with tournament hospitality and ticketing.
12. Liaison with tournament host venues and preparing all relevant event logistical requirements
for each venue.
13. Preparing all venue packs and briefing documentation.
14. Liaising with and recruiting Cricket Ireland volunteers required for hosting the tournament
and providing information and training to them where required.
15. Ordering and procurement of necessary equipment and compiling of team and staff arrival
16. Coordinating and managing all tournament accreditation.
17. Coordinating and managing all content and printing of tournament handbooks.
18. Working in conjunction with the Event Manager in acting as a Liaison with host venues
and/or local organizing committees regarding all aspects of events such as broadcasting,
seating, hospitality, catering and other event requirements.
19. Working with the Event Manager to prepare and deliver detailed event plans
20. Assisting the Marketing Manager with regard to ticket allocation for members.
21. Working alongside the Event Manager to facilitate the delivery of on-ground/in-venue
requirements for each venue and ensuring requirements of key stakeholders are met.
22. Will include training at Cricket Ireland managed events.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to degree or diploma level
- Must be highly organised and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task when planning a range of projects and initiatives that must be delivered
- Previous experience of working on large scale evens
- Negotiation skills and experience in working with volunteers is essential
- Highly developed written, verbal, communication and relationship building skills
- A good knowledge of cricket
- Excellent time management-skills are required with the ability to work on one’s own and be self-motivated
- Demonstrable working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong administrative skills; experience with database management
- Must be prepared to work unsocial hours, including out of office hours and on weekends/bank-holidays
- Car-owner will full driver’s license
- Existing relationships within the Irish Cricket Community
Position tenure: Twelve month contract
Position location: CI head office, Dublin, north-side
Annual leave: 20 days per annum
Interested applicants should send a CV and a covering letter at the least detailing compliance
with the aforementioned skills and experience marked for the attention of Claire Kennelly, to
email@example.com . Please mark the subject box of your email “Tournament Manager”.
Closing Date for Applications is Friday 12th September.
Cricket Ireland is an equal opportunities employer