Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout All-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish cricket is incredibly bright given the growth of the sport driven by significant success on the international stage in the last decade leading to unprecedented visibility for Irish cricket at home and abroad. Our emergence as a sport of national significance will only grow following the recent elevation of Cricket Ireland to ICC Full Membership and Test Status and a major revamp of international cricket structures that will see Ireland playing all three formats of the game at the highest level for the foreseeable future.
Role – Event Executive
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position tenure: Full time contract Position location: CI head office, Clonshaugh, Dublin. Annual leave: 25 days pro rata
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The role of the Event Executive will be to support the Event Manager and commercial team with all aspects of the delivery of Cricket Ireland’s Home International fixtures, National Cup Finals, Conferences and Awards. It will be an extremely hands-on role giving the candidate the opportunity to be involved with the staging of large scale events at all levels. 2019 sees Cricket Ireland hosting a number of high profile events including the Ireland v England ODI in May and the Ireland/West Indies/ Bangladesh Tri-series 0I series in May.
Senior Management Team
Commercial department staff
Media and Communications Manager
General Managers and Chairmen Media
– Previous Sports Event and Event Management Experience
– Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis
– Full clean driver’s license
– Excellent working knowledge of modern Microsoft IT and software packages including Office, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
– Experience working in a sports environment
– Experience working with volunteers
– Strong administrative skills
– Must be highly organised and be able to work under pressure, with the ability to multi-task
– Strong written, verbal, communication skills
– Recording of all Purchase Orders, tracking invoices, updating budgets
– Ticketing support for Marketing manager and Commercial Exec.
– Update of Production schedule as required
– Collation of all contractor insurance and safety documentation
– Coordination of meetings and distribution of relevant materials as required
– Liaison with Event Contractors and club personnel Preparing all venue packs and briefing documentation
– Management of catering figures for all international fixtures – including vouchers for staff, volunteers etc.
– Set up of Media Centre at all events
– Management of site office at large events – radio sign out/ contractor & staffing sign in/out
– Liaison re car parking queries
– Preparation of event FAQs and website updates
– Event set-up at all matches including, senior men’s, women’s, underage and domestic and international fixtures: power, marquees, furniture, team requirements
– Compiling of team, volunteer and staff handbooks
– Management of all Event Volunteers – recruitment, briefing, uniform
– Administration of all accreditation requirements for broadcast, staff, volunteers, players, match officials
– Liaison with players, team management, venue managers
– Assist with administrative work for the Interpro Series
– Working alongside Event Manager and Site Manager on set up of the venue pre and post event as well as being on site on event days
– Attendance at operational planning meetings with club and local councils Assist with the planning and delivery of the Cricket Ireland Awards
Assist with all Hospitality requirements Admim support for commercial department as required Any other duties as reasonably required by Cricket Ireland
Candidates should note that this list is not an exhaustive list and is subject to change as the job requires.
The closing date for applications will be 14th January Letters of application and full CVs should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will be confidential Interviews will be held end January 2019. Role must commence end February 2019