Organisation: Cork Sports Partnership CLG
Location: Cork Sports Partnership, Model Farm Road
Contract Length: 11 month contract
Full time / Part time: Full time
Salary: €25,000 (per annum – pro rata over 11 months)
Application closing date: 22/01/20
Programme duration: 24th Feb 2020 – Jan 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Cork Sports Partnership CLG. Cork Sports Partnership CLG are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s business departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the team / organisation in achieving project / programme objectives.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project / programme.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
- [Organisation should add to this with further relevant duties / responsibilities]
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January and November 2019.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
Roles & Responsibilities
The Aspire Graduate will support the promotion, development and access to sport at local level, in conjunction with the Sport & Marketing Manager and CSP Development team.
Duties of the role include:
- Contribute to and assist with the implementation of the 3 high level goals of the Cork Sports Partnership Strategy 2018 – 2022 namely, Active Cork Sport, Active Cork Communities & Active Cork Partnership.
- Work with assigned staff members to support and coordinate specific programmes, events, workshops targeting key demographic groups, contribute to the preparation of annual operational plans for the delivery of the Active Cork Sport Strategy in consultation with staff.
- Develop marketing material and campaigns to create awareness of CSP’s work.
- Support the roll out of Partnership activities including Sport Ireland initiatives.
- Encourage and foster opportunities for the development of new programmes and initiatives with partner agencies in consultation with the CSP team.
- Support the Sport & Marketing Manager to deliver the key messages of CSP to target groups in Cork.
- Initiate, facilitate and maintain close contact with voluntary and community based organisations locally and nationally.
- Assist in the marketing of the company and activities within the marketing department.
- Support the development of a new website in conjunction with the CSP Marketing Manager.
- Manage key communication channels for CSP.
- Create & publish of marketing material in line with marketing plans.
- Plan and implementing promotional campaigns.
- Manage and improve lead generation campaigns, measuring results.
- Preparing online and print marketing campaigns.
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of marketing communications.
- Create a wide range of different marketing materials.
- Maintain effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives.
- Analysing potential strategic partner relationships for company marketing.
- Other duties as assigned by Sport & Marketing Manager.
Candidates shall be in a state of health which would indicate a reasonable prospect of ability to render regular and efficient service.
Qualifications and Experience
- An understanding of the community and voluntary sector and the sports and recreation environment and of motivating those sectors with lower participation characteristics to become involved.
- Ability to monitor and evaluate work and write reports
- Excellent administrative and Organisational skills.
- Excellent I.T. skills.
Attitude and Motivation
- A constructive, positive and progressive attitude to working as part of the Sports Partnership’s team
- An ability to develop partnerships with the wider community
- A self-motivated approach to work.
A full clean driving license and use of personal transport for work is required. The successful applicant must be willing, and be in a position, to travel.
Particulars of the Post
Reports / Reporting Structure
The successful applicant will report to the Partnership Coordinator or his/her mentor.
Hours of Work
Normal working hours will be from 09h00 to 17h30, Monday to Friday. However the successful candidate must be flexible, and willing to work evening and weekends to accommodate the service needs for which time off in lieu can be taken.
All properly vouched out of pocket expenses reasonably incurred will be reimbursed in accordance with the Sports Partnership’s policies and procedures.
Shortlisting of applicants will apply.
This project was approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund
Cork Sports Partnership CLG is an equal opportunities employer.