Connacht Rugby Academy Physiotherapist, based at The Sportsground, Galway. (Part Time)
ROLE AND PURPOSE OF POSITION
To provide physiotherapy care to Connacht Rugby (Academy/Sub-Academy/National Talent Squad/National Women) players.
The Physiotherapist will report functionally to the Lead Academy Physiotherapist and operationally to the Lead Physiotherapist and Academy Manager.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
- Member of Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists or Chartered Society of Physiotherapists.
- Professional indemnity insurance.
- Garda clearance.
- Minimum of 2 years postgraduate experience in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy and working with elite athletes.
- MSc or above.
- SAFE Level 2/3 or equivalent course completion.
- World Rugby modules on Concussion and Medical Match Day Staff completion.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- High level of organisational and communication skills.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all members of staff and players.
- Efficient time keeping.
- Proficient IT skills.
The overall responsibilities of the Physiotherapist include the following:
- Work as an effective member of the multi-disciplinary medical and performance team.
- Provide care to players within the Academy/Sub-Academy/National Talent Squad and National Women’s players based in Connacht.
- Provide care to Connacht Rugby age grade players at interprovincial and Talent ID levels.
- Implement and develop Education program for provincial age grade players.
- Provide high quality physiotherapy care in collaboration with the multidisciplinary medical team, coaches, nutrition and athletic performance staff to all players to include the following:
- Provide physiotherapy assessment and treatment of player injuries.
- Program and supervise any scheduled monitoring, rehabilitation and recovery sessions where required.
- Refer players to the Team Doctor for any reported illnesses or for injury assessment.
- Record all illnesses/injuries as per outlined record keeping system.
- Attend pitch sessions, Interprovincial and ‘A’ matches where required.
- Ensure agreed player management plans between medical, coaches, nutrition and athletic performance staff, are adhered to.
- Liaise with staff in relation to player illness/injury status and management strategies.
- Attend management / team meetings where required.
- Adhere to the medical protocols of the Connacht Rugby Medical Department.
The successful candidate will be expected to work appropriate hours to fully carry out their responsibilities. The nature of the work is such that these hours may be irregular or outside the norm i.e., during evenings and at week-ends (including Sundays). This is a fixed term two-year contract.
The closing date for applications is Friday, 28th June at 5pm. Interested candidates should upload a resume and a cover letter to our Jobs Portal on Connacht Rugby’s Website – https://www.connachtrugby.ie/jobs/