Connacht Performance Officer
This position will have overall responsibility for the operation of Performance tennis in
Connacht. They will be responsible for the planning and development of a junior coaching
programme to the highest international standards.
Reporting to: Tennis Ireland Performance Coordinator and the Connacht Branch of Tennis
The duties will include:
● One visit per month, all Connacht clubs should be visited at least 3 times a year. Smallermclubs can be amalgamated into one visit. Structure of visits to include:
• Regional & Club Coaches Meeting (Quality Control, Benchmarking, Session Content etc.)
• Meeting with Club Committee or/and Parents Information Meeting
• Build a strong relationship with RDO to ensure a co-ordinated strategy around visits with club coaches, club management and committees.
• Help to create better Club Performance Programs
• Promotion of appropriate provincial and national competition
● Work closely with National Performance Coordinator and Performance officers from other
● Develop a Talent ID Programme across the Province.
● Provincial Structure and Pathway Development.
● Selection of squads.
● Visit squads to develop coaches and aid implementation of programme.
● Selection and training of Junior Interprovincials. Captain the 3 day Interprovincial event.
● Help in selection and organisation of training for Senior Interpros as required.
● Organise Interprovincial Matchplay for squad players.
● Endeavour to make programme financially sustainable going forward.
● Develop a Summer programme and provincial camps.
● Improve stakeholder’s perception of Provincial Setup through improved transparency and communication.
● Attend National Academy workshops.
● Weekly Communication with National Performance Coordinator, including reporting and organisation of visits. Send pictures of visits for inclusion on social media/Facebook/website.
● Written report to all Connacht Branch Meeting and attend when required.
● To adhere to the Tennis Ireland Code of Conduct.
● Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience Required
● 5 years coaching experience
● Minimum Level 1 Coaching qualification
● Licensed Tennis Ireland Coach
● Full clean driving licence with access to own transport
● Satisfactory Garda / Police Vetting Additional Information
● Remuneration will be €8,000 plus expenses per annum.
● The contract is 1 year in duration based on 8 hours per week with the possibility to extend.
● Flexibility is required with the successful candidate required to work weekends or out of office hours as necessary
● The post is Connacht based with travel as appropriate
How to apply
Letter of application and CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 27 th March 2020. Please reference Connacht Performance Officer application in the subject line.
Interviews to be held week commencing 6th April 2020.
About Tennis Ireland and Connacht Tennis
Tennis Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of tennis in Ireland. Tennis Ireland was founded in 1908 and has almost 180 affiliated clubs and engages with almost 80,000 players. Tennis Ireland stages Pro Tour events including the AIG Irish Open Championships, and selects teams to participate in the Fed Cup, Davis Cup and other international events at Junior, Senior and Veterans level. Tennis Ireland also supports the delivery of a wide range of competitive, educational and development programmes at local, provincial and national levels. www.tennisireland.ie. The Connacht Branch of Tennis Ireland is made up of representatives from each of the affiliated clubs in Connacht. Connacht Tennis key activities are to develop a unified approach in Connacht to increase participation and improve standards at all levels. To represent Connacht Clubs at Tennis Ireland Board meetings. To enhance and promote all existing branch led activities. To select and support all Senior & Veteran Interprovincial teams and to facilitate Connacht junior Interprovincial and regional tennis squads.