Applications for the position of Competitions Officer are invited from suitably qualified persons.
|Location Address||Athletics Ireland, 19 Northwood Court, Northwood Business Campus, Santry, Dublin 9|
|Placement Position Title||Competitions officer|
|Reports to:||Director of Competitions|
|Role Overview:||Plan, Coordinate and deliver the equipment and administrative needs of National Competitions|
|· Procurement of venues, facilities, personnel, and equipment required to deliver National Championships
· Liaise with local organising committees and venue managers to ensure all required facilities and equipment is in place for all competitions
· Liaise with key stakeholders in maintain UpToDate register of all equipment owned and required by AAI
· Liaise with other departments to ensure all statutory obligations are in place for competition.
· Manage the creation and deconstruction of event sites where applicable
· Ensure that any procurements are done so on time and within budget and implement the payment process in a timely manner for all purchases and payments received to the competition department
· Monitor and respond to member queries in relation to competitions
· Produce required competition documentation and ensure enough documentation is supplied for competitions.
· Familiarisation with the Athletics Ireland results systems to prepare for competitions and amend results post event
|Desirable Skills/ Experience:
|A third level event management qualification or equivalent would be desirable
Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Excellent time management skills
|Desirable Attributes/ Personality Traits:
|Organised with strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload.
Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work alongside key stakeholders including Athletics Ireland officials and Committees
Experience of working in a sporting environment
Experience in a voluntary setting
Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task particularly in high pressured environment at championships and recreational events.
|Hours of Work||37.5 hours per week including on occasion unsocial hours, both weekends and evenings. A time off in lieu system operates for overtime worked.|
|Access to Own Transport-||Have own transport and a full clean licence|
How to apply for this post.
Selection shall be by means of a competition based on an interview conducted by Athletics Ireland. Applications must be sent by email with the subject line of: [ATTN: COMPETITION].
When applying by email, please provide a letter of introduction detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role and your Curriculum Vitae outlining your skills and work experience not later than 5pm on Friday the 3rd of January 2020 to the Athletics Ireland Human Resources Manager at email@example.com