|Organisation Name||Athletics Ireland|
|Place of work||Unit 19, Northwood Court, Northwood Business Centre, Santry, Dublin 9|
|Position Title:||Competitions Executive|
|Reports to:||Director of Competitions|
|Role Overview:||An exciting opportunity exists to become part of the Athletics Ireland Competitions team to deliver National Competitions|
|· Respond to general competition queries and update the public and members on key messages.
· Production of competition administrative documents to ensure high standards are maintained throughout
· Procurement of resources required for the delivery of competition
· Liaise with local organising committees and venue managers to ensure all required facilities and equipment is in place for all competitions
· Liaise with other departments to ensure all statutory obligations are in place for competition.
· Manage the creation and deconstruction of event sites where applicable.
· Build effective relationships with key stakeholders
· Additional duties when required by the Director of Competitions
|Desirable Skills/ Experience:
|· Sport management Qualification or equivalent
· 2 years’ experience with a National Governing body or equivilant
· Experience in a voluntary setting.
· Excellent copy-writing and computer skills and good communicator.
· Organised with strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload.
|Desirable Attributes/ Personality Traits:
|· Ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team.
· Ideally a fan of athletics.
· Good interpersonal skills with an ability to work alongside key stakeholders including sponsors, media and volunteers.
· Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task particularly in high pressured environment at championships and recreational events.
|Hours of Work||Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.30pm (37.5 hours). TOIL system in operation for out of hours work. Be willing to work unsocial hours, both evenings and weekends.|
|Access to Own Transport-||– Have own transport and clean licence as travelling to and from championships and Athletics Ireland’s events is a necessity.|
|Remuneration and location||The package will include a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Position Tenure: 2 year fixed-term full-time contract. Position Location: Athletics Ireland Head Office at 19 Northwood Court, Santry, Dublin 9. Appointment will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting and suitable reference checks.|
|How to submit an application||Applications including a cover letter and curriculum vitae should be sent by email for the attention of the Athletics Ireland Human Resources Manager to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday the 19th of November 2021. Athletics Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.