The Camogie Association is recruiting for the role of Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager will be responsible for the development and management of all publications, broadcasting, public & media relations, communication of promotional campaigns, initiatives and strategies for the Association. The Communications Manager working as part of the Commercial Development and Communications team will support all marketing, sponsorship and promotion and to raise the profile of the Camogie Association. The Communications Manager will report to the Commercial Development Manager and Ard Stiurthoir in the absence of the Commercial Development Manager.
The Communications Manager as part of the Commercial Development, Marketing and Communication team will be responsible for the design, delivery and impact assessment of communications and media (all forms) for the Camogie Association. The Communications Manager role is key position in raising awareness of the Association, its activities, events , fixtures and strategic relationships with sponsors and partners, and will promote Camogie’s unique position in Irish sport as a UNESCO heritage sport.
The Association National Development 2020-2023 – Reach Your Goals, Exceed Your Expectations sets out key goals in areas of communications, brand identity and engagement (media/ social media/ broadcasting etc) which will form cornerstones of the work of the successful candidate in this role.
- Development and implementation of Association’s Communication Strategy and annual communications work plans in line with National Development Plan objectives.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communications with members (of all ages), partners, stakeholders and media outlets through development and implementation of annual Communication workplan.
- Liaison with units where necessary to gather and disseminate information.
- Manage the direction, design and production of Camogie Association publications and national website camogie.ie, ensuring that all aspects of the website are maintained, up to date and support the commercial, public relations and marketing strategy of the Association.
- Manage the PR & communication strategy for all major Association events including organisation of media launches, Communication, and promotion of specific initiatives and national events, working in collaboration with relevant staff, particularly the Operations Co-ordinator.
- Identify and develop opportunities to raise the profile of Camogie and actively promote the Association maximising use all of forms of the media.
- Monitor, Review and report on annual communications, broadcast and media work plans detailing impact and outputs.
- Manage the development, delivery and evaluation of communications campaigns, utilising the annual corporate communications calendar regarding key national games, initiatives and events, to internal and external stakeholders, across a range of media, to enhance the image and reputation of Camogie and the Camogie Association.
- Support the work of the Commercial Development Manager through:
- development and implementation of a digital communications plan to deliver on objectives in relation to sponsorship agreements, activations and activities,
- with particular consideration of key national games, ticketing, activities and events and
- communication with members in relation to brand and identity.
- Develop, manage and review effectiveness of Association’s media relations, maximising coverage through strategic planning of engagements, including strong and productive relationships with media representatives particularly in print and broadcasting sectors.
- Work with the Learning & Development Co-ordinator to Support the development of a network of voluntary County Board and Provincial Council Camogie PROs, and the operation, education, training and support of this PRO network & PR Óg programme – to develop communication plans, PR strategies and programmes and encourage/ ensure engagement with National Platforms.
- Ensure effective procurement of communications related supplies and services to achieve best value for money.
- Collaborate with Association colleagues on planning and delivering of all communications to ensure that all support our vision, mission, purpose and strategic priorities.
- Manage staff, consultants, third party suppliers and interns/work placements as appropriate.
- Support the work of National Communications Committee/ Working Group as required.
- Maintain relationships with relevant personnel in the GAA/LGFA/GPA, funders, charitable partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the Association as required at internal and external events and committees.
- Produce reports for Ard Chomhairle and the Ard Stiúrthóir as required.
- Undertake other relevant tasks as requested by the Ard Stiúrthóir.
Qualifications & Skills
- An honours Degree in public relations, journalism, communications or marketing.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategic and annual plans, and budgets.
- Interest and experience of web management and extensive use of social media platforms.
- Have an understanding of Gaelic Games and a knowledge of the structures and operations of a sporting organisation.
- Strong relationship development and project management skills are required
- Event management experience and skill in dealing with the media and at a national level when planning and covering major events.
- Excellent survey preparation, analytics and reporting capabilities.
- Demonstratable experience in ensuring that an organisation message is consistent and engaging.
- An interest in/ willingness to utilise the Irish language in communication platforms.
- Understanding and experience of the different communications mechanisms which can be utilised and are appropriate for communication with diverse populations
- Demonstrated ability of managing multiple projects, work well under pressure and to deadlines.
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities.
- A high degree of initiative.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal & report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders at local and national level.
- A high degree of motivation and self management
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- a minimum of three years’ experience in a communications / commercial / public relations role – gained either in house in a sports related industry and/or with an Agency with exposure to sports related industry highly preferable.
- Must have a knowledge and understanding of the background and history of the sport.
- Must be well versed in website management and the use and management of social media platforms and online content.
- Must have demonstratable experience in preparing and publishing content for various media platforms (internal & external communications).
- Demonstrated experience in preparing detailed media reports, press releases, and marketing materials.
- Experience in preparing communication materials for diverse audiences.
Terms & Conditions:
The Communications Manager will be a member of the Camogie Association Junior Management team.
Salary €31,400-36,700k p.a. (salary scale in operation)
€31,400 – €32,000 – €32,800 – €33,700 – € 34,600 – €35,700 – €36,700
Contract Duration: Permanent. A nine (9) Month probationary period will apply.
Working hours: Full Time – 39 Hours per week.
- The Communications Manger role requires in person engagement with stakeholders and attendance at Camogie Association activities and events throughout the year. The successful candidate will be required from time to time to work weekends/ evenings/ outside of office working hours.
- The post is based in the Camogie Association’s offices in Dublin.
- Expenses such as travel, overnight accommodation where required and other allowable expenditure will also be paid.
- A pension contribution from the Association, subject to employee contribution. The contribution is either 3% or 7% by agreement.
- The post holder will be required to have access to transport/a clean full driving licence and the appointment will be subject to Garda/PSNI vetting clearance.
- Annual leave entitlement of 23 days per annum. In addition, there is additional annual paid leave in the Christmas Eve/New Year period.
- The Association also provides study leave and facilitates a bike to work scheme/tax saver commuter ticket.
Application process and closing date
Applications to include a covering letter and an up to date C.V. including details of two references, must be submitted to email@example.com clearly marked ‘Communications Manager’.
Closing date for applications is 3.00 p.m. on Thursday 22nd April 2021.
Late applications will not be accepted.
Shortlisting May Apply
Indicative dates for interviews are Tuesday 4th May 2021. Given current travel restrictions it is likely that these will take place using an online format.