The Federation of Irish Sport is seeking to appoint a Communications Executive.
Job title: Communications Executive (One-year fixed term contract)
Reporting to: Business Services Manager
Location: Irish Sport HQ, Dublin 15
Deadline: 20 November 2015
Company: Federation of Irish Sport
The Federation of Irish Sport is the representative body for Ireland’s National Governing Bodies of Sport and Local Sports Partnerships. The vision of the Federation is to provide a dynamic and effective voice for Irish Sport promoting the value of sport to Ireland while providing outstanding representation and services to members.
- Planning, developing and implementing the Federation’s communications and marketing strategy
- Provide an effective point of contact for media enquiries
- Operate an effective media enquiry response mechanism
- Continuously update media distribution lists
- Develop relationships with key media
- Generate national and regional media coverage for the Federation
- Generate regional and local publicity (Including effectively targeting specialist media) to highlight activities
- Promote events/campaigns through effective and tailored national and local PR programmes
- Produce quality print and on-line materials such as magazines, information packs
- Develop a social media strategy; Boost Federation’s profile on all social media platforms; Devise viral campaigns; Contribute to the updating and ongoing development of the website
- A keen interest in Sport
- A degree in Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent professional qualification
- At least three year’s relevant professional experience
- Event management experience including organising photocalls/ press conferences and events such as seminars/conferences
- Experience of working with (or within) Irish newspaper and broadcast media
- Experience in writing effective press releases and/or writing articles for regional/national/specialist media
- Experience managing the production/design of high quality material such as newsletters, leaflets, annual reports;e-zines
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and non-verbal);
- Ability to work with a tight team and the ability to work alone and to deadlines
- Ability to attend some meetings, events outside of normal business hours if required
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, developing ideas from inception to execution
- A strong understanding of social media.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com before 5pm, Friday, 20 November 2015. Please also outline your current notice period and remuneration.
Remuneration will be dependent on qualifications and experience. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence. Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.