Based at the Badminton Ireland Head Office in Dublin, the successful candidate will provide high quality administrative services to the Coaching department.
A keen interest in Badminton/sport is desirable and you will ideally have experience of working in an office environment.
In addition, you will possess a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook and be motivated to work on your own and as part of a team. You will be detail conscious, accurate and be able to meet deadlines. You will also have excellent communication and presentation skills.
This is an opportunity to work in a highly motivated and supportive team during an inspirational year for sport with the London 2012 Olympic Games just around the corner.
- To implement, monitor and update the Coaching section of our operational Plan.
- Take the lead on our work with Coaching Ireland.
- To co-ordinate, manage and implement an annual programme of coaching events.
- To ensure that effective and appropriate liaison/communication is maintained with all relevant organisations and partners
- To ensure that appropriate Policies and Procedures are in place and records maintained
- To ensure systems are in place which will enable coaches and volunteers to be trained, developed and motivated effectively
- To ensure the Chief Executive is regularly updated on all aspects of work This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indicating of the areas of activity and may be amended from time to time in the light of the changing needs of the organisation.