Rowing Ireland are seeking to recruit a full – time Coach Education Development Officer to join the expanding Core and High Performance team within Rowing Ireland
This post will be integral to the delivery of key objectives within our Strategic Plan 2019-2024 strategy to include supporting clubs and leading our sport.
The role of the Coach Education Development Officer will primarily be to develop and deliver a coach education programme across Rowing Ireland to be best in class. The CEDO will lead, motivate and support a panel of coach developers (coach tutors) to deliver high quality and innovative courses to meet the needs of our coaching community and promote excellence throughout our growing sport.
The CEDO will develop coaching courses for all levels of coaches, from complete beginner through to senior club coaching and to international level. This requires collaboration with the HP Director and HP coaches to enhance the rowing coaching programmes and materials, and to ensure consistency and synchronicity in both athlete and coach development pathways. Significant liaison with affiliated clubs throughout Ireland & Northern Ireland is also required to continue to promote a culture for coaching excellence and deliver high-quality coach education to support the development of our sport and our clubs.
Innovation is a key requirement to take coach education and support in our sport to the next level, through the development of a new online and blended learning and face to face Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes.
Reports to the Chief Executive Officer in delivery of the education strategy as agreed by the board of Rowing Ireland and Sport Ireland Coaching.
The CEDO will be responsible for setting and delivering a strategy to ensure that there is a sufficient number of qualified and active coaches within Rowing Ireland, appropriate to the meet the needs of rowing participation at different levels, and ensure the quality, consistency and recognition of coaches across Rowing Ireland clubs. The CEDO will develop, promote and supervise a coach mentoring programme for all levels of coaches as part of a coach retention initiative.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INVOLVE:
- Implement a Rowing Ireland coach programme that provides clear pathways for coaches at grassroots.
- Understand and establish aligned grassroots and high-performance coaching approaches
- Facilitate the growth and retention of coaches at all levels.
- Deliver a Rowing Ireland coach development framework which includes
- A coaching pathway
- A coach accreditation process with Rowing Ireland recognition
- Standardised assessment and reporting
- The ability to monitor and report on Rowing Ireland coaching statistics
- E-learning courses
- Develop and maintain content for framework and develop material for Coach Developers (Coach Tutors) and course facilitators at each level of the coaching pathway
- Assist the panel of Coach Developers to ensure best practice administration and delivery of coaching courses
- Ensure there is sufficient quality and quantity of coaches to meet strategic requirements within club environments
- Maintain and grow the Rowing Ireland registered coaching base
- Devise and deliver an annual programme of workshops and seminars covering relevant areas of coaching at all levels for course facilitators and coaches
- Liaise with the High Performance team to identify future High Performance coaches
- Liaise with the High Performance team to ensure consistency in coaching principles and content
- Ensure a mentoring programme is in place for coaches of all levels, gender and abilities
- Assist the High Performance team in organising coach professional development opportunities and workshops
- Assist in managing all budgetary aspects of the role in accordance with Rowing Ireland operations and procedures
- Develop and support the day to day development of Rowing Ireland’s CPD platform
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the development of Rowing Ireland’s online CPD courses
- Manage the organisation of Rowing Ireland CPD and Safeguarding Courses from registration and delivery, through to processing of completed courses for Coach education
- Coordinate with the Development/WIS Manager in the presentation and implementation of Rowing Ireland’s TrY Rowing programme and Women in Sport programme
- Proven experience of establishing and delivering a coaching strategy.
- Understanding of Sport Ireland Coaching’s coach development programme for Ireland and how this is integrated in rowing and other sporting codes
- Ability to set clear strategy to meet business needs, whilst fully understanding the importance of stakeholder buy-in and support to influence change
- Experience in working within a HP rowing system or/and representing as a HP athlete
- Demonstrate the ability to innovate to maximise opportunities
- Ability to influence others, with excellent team building, collaboration and partnering skills
- Accredited Rowing Ireland coaching qualification or its equivalent
- Experience of aligning coach education courses with the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) would be advantageous.
- The ability to work regularly with the HP team at the National Rowing Centre
- A degree in sports science/PE or similar is highly preferable
- Must be legally entitled to work in Ireland.
- Full clean driving licence and own transport.
The ideal candidate will come have a coaching background in rowing. Experience in education or sports development would be advantageous but not essential. Experience around ‘Learn to Row’ and Safeguarding would also be beneficial.
REMUNERATION AND ROLE LOCATION
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Location in the role is open. Rowing Ireland hold offices in Dublin and Cork. However, time will need to be spent working with the HP team in developing coach education at the National Rowing Centre in Cork.
- The closing date for applications will be mid-day on Friday 20th June 2019
- Letters of application and full CV should be sent by email to email@example.com and will be confidential
- The role will commence by 20th September 2019