Job Title Coach Development Officer
Reports to Zoe Lally, Operations Director, Irish Surfing
Location Easkey, Sligo (travel as necessary)
Employment Type Contract (12 months)
Irish Surfing is the national governing body (‘NGB’) for the sport across the thirty two counties.
In addition to selecting and training the national team for international competition, we maintain expertise in areas such as child protection, promoting water safety and protecting our surfing environment.
About the Job
The Board of Irish Surfing has agreed to engage a Coach Development Officer to carry out the following:
- Course development and delivery
- Liaising with Sport Ireland in matters relating to coaching and athlete development
- Attending and assisting in the running of domestic contests
- Developing and delivering training camps to prepare teams for international competition
- Attending internationals and executing the duties/responsibilities of a coach
- Club Coach Development
Developing, delivering & monitoring a Club Coaching Programme, with a particular focus on juniors (to include a specifically targeted program for Junior Girls).
3.2 Surf School Program
Reviewing and enhancing the existing Surf School Program and conducting inspections of surf schools.
In addition to the above, the Coach Development Officer will support the Operations Director and Board in delivering the strategic objectives of the organisation.
- Level 2 Surf Instructor (or equivalent); and
- 5 years’ post-qualification experience in surf coaching.
- Coaching experience at national and/or international level; and
- Completion of the Sport Ireland Coach Developer qualification.
If you have queries around the job or the application process, please contact Zoe Lally (contact details below).
To apply, please provide a CV and cover letter (outlining your interest and suitability) prior to 11 a.m. on Wednesday, 11 December 2019 marked for the attention of:
Zoe Lally 087 233 3789
Interviews will commence the week beginning 16 December 2019. Irish Surfing is an equal opportunities employer and all applications will be treated confidentially.
The position will be offered subject to successful satisfaction of Irish Surfing’s Safeguarding requirements and Garda Vetting procedures.