The Camogie Association is recruiting a committed and resourceful person to fill the role of Club and Education Support Co-ordinator. The successful candidate will develop and manage initiatives to support best practice in governance, planning, implementation and administration of Camogie within Clubs, schools and colleges.
The position is at co-ordinator level within the Camogie Association.
The Association is seeking applications from candidates with skills and experience that match the following desirable criteria:
• Experience of working with community and voluntary organisations
• Experience of working in the sports sector, especially Gaelic Games, is an advantage
• A sports-related third level degree
• A minimum of 2 years professional experience in a similar role, including experience of coaching and course delivery
• The ability to establish strong effective relationships with key stakeholders
• A high level of proven organisational ability
• Good administrative and IT skills
• Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentational
• Experience of working as a team member
• Be a dynamic self-starter with a proven ability to work independently
• A flexible approach
• Planning and oversight of a co-ordinated programme of activities and events, budget spending, materials production and distribution, and other resources so that appropriate learning and development opportunities are available to Club officers to support them in their roles and to strengthen Club management for existing and new Clubs
• Ensuring that Club Officers can avail of appropriate learning and development opportunities on relevant legal compliance requirements
• Supporting Club Executives to develop and implement effective succession planning for key officer positions
• Promotion and support to Camogie Units for the implementation of the One Club model, as a unitary form of Club administration across codes of the Gaelic Games family
• The roll out of national programmes and initiatives under the Camogie Association’s National Development Plan
• Acting as the national liaison with the Post-Primary and Third Level Education Councils and management of servicing support.
• Acting as the national liaison on supporting Camogie amongst International Units
A full clean driving license with access to own transport is mandatory for this position.
The Camogie Association head offices are beside Croke Park. There are satellite offices at various locations in Ireland. The actual location of this role will depend on the circumstances of the successful candidate.
To apply for this role please submit a CV and covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Subject: Club Education Support Co-ordinator
The Camogie Association,
(Postal Applications should be mark “Private & Confidential” on the envelope)
Closing date for applications is Friday April 12th 2019.
Applicants will be shortlisted based on the qualifications and experience information submitted. The criteria for ranking and/or shortlisting are based on the requirements of the post as outlined in the eligibility criteria and skills, competencies and/or knowledge section of the job description. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in the latter half of April.
The Camogie Association is an equal opportunity employer.