The Irish American Football Association (IAFA) is seeking to appoint a Chief Communications Officer who has a strong interest in sport and is willing to volunteer their time to a sporting organisation. This is a volunteer position and the successful applicant will be appointed to a rolling one year contract.
IAFA is the National Governing Body for American football in Ireland and is recognised as such by Sport Ireland and the International Federation of American Football (IFAF). At present IAFA is a volunteer-run organisation and there are over 1,600 active members involved in the sport at various levels. American football is a rapidly growing sport in Ireland, and we are expanding our Management team to meet this increased demand.
IAFA is managed by a Board of Management, members of which are elected by the membership, who in turn appoint Directors to manage each section of the sport. The Communications Officer will work across all sections of the sport and will report to the IAFA Board of Management.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Implement communication and social media policies for IAFA members
- Work with all sections of the sport to ensure the consistent delivery of the Association’s message and content
- Create engaging brand marketing material
- Establish content creation strategy in line with Association objectives
- Oversee the implementation of IAFA’s social media strategy with existing communications team
- Work with the IAFA Commissioner on public relations matters
- Serve as primary point of contact for all external queries
- Enhance internal communications among members and clubs
- Oversee the communications element of all IAFA events
- Contribute to the strategic development of the sport
- Regularly measure the effectiveness of communication activities and plans through both qualitative and
quantitative feedback, making changes and updates accordingly
- Promoting and maintaining the core values of IAFA
- Monitor media, brand reputation and maintain media contacts.
|· Experience in Communications and Marketing environment
· Experience in promoting brands via social media
· Excellent interpersonal and social skills
· Excellent administrative, organisational and IT skills
· A self-starter work on your own initiative as well as working within multiple teams
|· Strong oral presentation skills
· Deadline driven
· Self-motivated including self-starter
· Good administration skills
Terms of Appointment
- Attendance at IAFA Board meetings & AGM as required (up to 6 per annum)
- Reimbursement of travel expenses based on IAFA mileage rates or vouched receipts
- Equipment and consumables to perform the functions of the role subject to budgetary constraints
Apply online via our website www.americanfootball.ie – a CV, cover letter and two references will be required. Please submit all items in PDF format where possible. Application will only be accepted up to 29th February 2020.
An interview may be required following application.