We are seeking a full-time enthusiastic and highly organised Events & Development Coordinator to join our expanding team.
Our ideal candidate will have the skills & experience necessary to plan, resource and manage our portfolio of events with creativity and consistency and to support initiatives which increase participation in paddlesports nationally.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Development Team and strategic partners to deliver and expand on our programme of events and initiatives to support key objectives of Canoeing Ireland (CI).
• Work in close association with strategic partners such as the Department Transport, Tourism & Sport, Sport Ireland, Waterways Ireland, NGB’s, local authorities, LSP’s, representative youth organisations, CI technical committees and clubs, to foster development and event initiatives.
• Attract resources and support to develop and progress strategic initiatives.
• Develop and support increased participation in paddlesports nationally.
• Manage the organisation of key national and international events for CI including Club events, Junior Paddlefest, the International Liffey Descent, the Junior Liffey Descent and others, in association with volunteer technical committees and clubs.
• Actively source and assist CI, its technical committees and clubs in sourcing and availing of funding/resource opportunities to assist in the development of the sport
• Work with CI Diversity Officer, technical committees and clubs on the development and implementation of women’s, youth and disability participation programmes
• Develop a strong working relationship with the volunteer technical committees administering the competitive disciplines to support them in their administration and development of their national and international programmes.
• Produce an annual operational plan, marketing plan and budget for the development / events programme with regular monitoring and reporting on budgets and targets.
• Actively seek sponsorship for events and initiatives, identifying potential sponsors and tailoring proposals to fit their business requirements
Applicants must have at a minimum: Full, clean driving license, Proven ability in event organisation and management Excellent inter-personal, communication, IT and report-writing skills Ability to manage diverse teams, A strong work ethic and ability to prioritise under pressure Highly motivated with excellent inter-personal skills.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline
indication of the areas of activity and can be amended in consideration of changing needs of the
Remuneration and role location
The salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. The role is
located at Canoeing Ireland head office, Sport HQ, Blanchardstown.
Closing date for applications will be Friday 10th January at 5pm.
Please send your application including CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications with be treated with the utmost confidentiality
Appointments will be made subject to satisfactory Garda Vetting & Reference Checking Procedures
Canoeing Ireland is an Equal Opportunity Employer