The Federation of Irish Sport is seeking to appoint a Business Services Manager. The Federation is the representative body for Ireland’s National Governing Bodies of Sport and Local Sports Partnerships. This is a key appointment for the Federation. Membership is currently comprised of 103 different sporting organisations. The vision of the Federation is to provide a dynamic and effective voice for Irish Sport promoting the value of sport to Ireland while providing outstanding representation and services to members.
The Business Services Manager will be responsible for assisting the Chief Executive Officer in the development and delivery of value services for the Federation’s members in addition to revenue generation opportunities for the Federation.
Key Responsibilities for this role include:
- Support the CEO in the delivery of the Federation Strategic/Operational plan.
- Administration of Just Sport Ireland (JSI) cases together with the on-going development of JSI and servicing of the JSI Board
- Manage the administration and growth of the group insurance scheme for Irish Sport
- Manage the administration of the Federation’s Garda Vetting Service
- Manage the development of the Federation’s business partnerships and identify new revenue streams
- Assist with research on philanthropic funding available to support and grant writing where relevant
- Plan and manage the delivery of Federation events such as the Annual Conference and Sport Industry Awards
- Manage membership enquiries and applications
- Manage the record of assistance provided to Federation members
- Manage all day to day operations of the office of the Federation
- Have direct line management responsibility for office staff to include all performance reviews
- Represent the Federation at events and on committees and working groups
- Assist in the annual Sport Matters campaign
- Develop and adhere to the budget and undertake any other assignments as may reasonably be requested by the Chief Executive Officer
The applicant should possess:
- A third level qualification is required.
- A natural networker, who thrives on building strong business relationships.
- Strong presentation skills, alongside written and verbal skills.
- Administrative and organisational skills.
- An understanding of the sports and recreation environment would be preferable.
- An ability to understand and explain administrative processes and principles including legal ones to third parties.
Experience of having worked within a sporting organisation is desirable but not essential.
To apply or register your interest for this role, please send your CV together with a formal letter of application outlining your suitability and match to the requirements to the Chief Executive Officer, James Galvin via email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 16th October 2015. Please also outline your current notice period and remuneration. You should also supply two referees and confirm you are happy for us to contact them.
Remuneration will be dependent on qualifications and experience. All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended in the light of the changing environment within Irish Sport.