A vacancy has arisen for the position of Athletics Performance Development Officer within UCD with closing date is set for Friday 16th December, 2019.
UCD Campus Sport and Leisure
Athletics Performance Development Officer
University College Dublin are set to expand their sports facilities in the coming year to include a world class running track close to the current sports precinct. This is the next step of the University’s sports strategy towards Ireland’s Global University ambitions and delivering on the University’s promise to be the best sports university in the country. To further develop this new sports offering the University is seeking the appointment of a talented individual as Athletics Performance Development Officer. This individual will join UCD Campus Sport and Leisure team to lead and develop an unrivalled athlete development programme with a key focus on becoming a world renowned centre for athletic development and to promote the offering of the new facility.
This is a full time position reporting directly to the Director of Student Services or their nominee. The successful candidate should have a minimum of eight years’ relevant experience in a similar environment and be a self-motivated individual with highly developed relationship management skills.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Build a culture of excellence, innovation and learning that supports student athlete development throughout athletics at University College Dublin.
• To develop and implement a strategy to deliver a world-class programme of support for UCD performance athletes.
• Promotion, recruitment and sporting management of all Athletics including Ad Astra and Athletics scholarships programmes.
• To implement club development initiatives aimed at increasing levels of participation in athletics at UCD.
• To develop partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders in athletics in Ireland, including Athletics Ireland, Olympic Federation of Ireland, Paralympics Ireland, Sport Ireland and Sport Ireland Institute of Sport.
• To lead all athletics grant applications to internal and external bodies.
• To be the primary support function to UCD Athletic Club.
• Work to develop commercial activity to support the development of athletics on campus.
• Advise UCD Athletics on the coaching and support structure for all student athletes, assisting the club committee with areas such as the appointment of appropriate coaches, squad selection and training programmes.
• Work with all stakeholders to promote the profile of athletics at UCD, nationally and internationally.
• Develop a substantial athletics club competition plan domestic and international.
• To manage, support, mentor and develop staff and students working within the University Athletics programme.
• To be an active member of the UCD Coaches CPD group and be willing to lead, observe and deliver sessions for head coaches of other sports.
• Utilise relevant sport science monitoring and testing systems to further the development of athletes.
• Liaise with the Financial Controller on budgets, income and expense and commercial activity/opportunity for the running track.
• Work with UCD Sport and Leisure Management Team and other colleagues to assist in the maintenance and bookings activity for the track facility.
• To be responsible for identifying and overseeing the maintenance of the Athletics Track facilities and athletic equipment.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Fixed Term Contract 3 years.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Fran Rooney at email@example.com
Applications Applications should be submitted by 6th December 2019.