Job Opportunity with Athletics Ireland – Competitions Department Executive
Athletics Ireland are seeking a highly motivated individual with a knowledge of and interest in Athletics to apply for the position of Administrative Assistant in our Competitions Department. The Competitions Executive will have responsibility for supporting the competition department on the delivery of national and school’s competitions and the delivery of the daily mile project. You will be committed to providing high levels of customer service to all stakeholders, whilst working within the competition and schools team. They will have high levels of enthusiasm, excellent communication and organisational skills. Experience of successfully planning and delivering projects alongside a good knowledge in sport, health and the education sector would be beneficial.
• Carrying out administrative duties, using systems and processes relevant to the organisation;
• Responding to enquiries and requests for information from stakeholders and other organisations
• Ensuring administrative systems, processes and databases are efficient and well managed
Monday to Friday, 9 to 5.30 (37.5 hours per week) at the Athletics Ireland offices in Blanchardstown and other locations as required by the association. Hours will include evening and weekend work at National Championship Events. A time off in lieu system is in operation.
• A strong interest in sport.
• Good ICT and administrative skills and a high level of attention to detail.
• A high degree of self-motivation and a drive for change and improvement.
• An enthusiastic personality and resilience to deal with uncertainty.
• The ability to build and maintain effective relationships and to communicate well with a variety of people.
• Good planning, organising and time management skills.
• The ability to work well in a team.
• The ability to project a positive image of sport to people at all levels.
• Knowledge of the current health, sport and educational landscape.
• A full clean Irish driver’s license with own transport.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• With the guidance of the competition department complete all administration for the organisation of all competitions.
• Responsible for the competition of post competition tasks
• Responsible for supporting the strong growth and uptake of The Daily Mile across schools in Ireland.
• Compile progress and evaluation reports on competitions and daily mile project
• Maintain up to date records of all stakeholders
• Contribute to the planning of all aspects of the competitions department
• Oversee the competition department and daily mile email account and be a point of contact for all general queries
• Liaise with competition officials and meet director for upcoming events and communicate with officials regarding event information
• Complete all administration for the organisation of competitions and The Daily Mile.
• Promote online news stories and share key messages on social media platforms.
• Coordinate local and regional launches and forums to promote the Daily Mile brand.
• Working closely with the competition team to maintain the quality assurance of the projects/competitions
• Support the sharing of new ideas, best practice and learnings from competition and The Daily Mile
• Undertake appropriate quantitative and qualitative evaluation of all elements of the programme.
• Contribute to regular competition department meetings on all aspects on the role.
• Support officials and staff at competitions and Daily Mile events when required
The initial contract will be for 2 years with a probationary period of six months. Salary will be commensurate with the role and the experience and suitability of the successful candidate.
How to apply
Selection shall be by means of a competition based on an interview conducted by or on behalf of Athletics Ireland. Applicants are invited to apply by email with the subject line Comp Exec. Applications should include a CV and letter of application identifying competencies you possess in line with the above job description, not later than Friday the 19th of April 2019 to the Athletics Ireland HR Manager at email@example.com
Note this job description is not meant to be exhaustive in nature and there may be additional items required of the role not specified above