O.N.A.K.A.I. is seeking to fill position of an Athlete Commission member. Successful applicants will be required to undertake Safeguarding 1 and undergo Garda vetting upon selection.
LOCATION – nationwide
ROLE To be a spokesperson for athletes, listen to the views of others and communicate these views to O.N.A.K.A.I. Executive.
- Represent the rights and interests of the athletes in karate
- Establish a means of seeking athlete’s opinions via individual/group meetings, online surveys etc.
- Provide feedback, support and advice to O.N.A.K.A.I. Executive and the National Head Coach on matters of interest and concern
- Report formally to O.N.A.K.A.I. Executive at AGM through production of an annual report and/or presentation
- Where required signpost athletes to the Olympic Federation of Ireland (OFI)
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
- Basic IT knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Trustworthy and respected, with the ability to maintain confidentiality about sensitive matters
- Strong organisational skills, the ability to plan and organise meetings as well as diary management
- Commitment to the role, passionate about athlete welfare and the continuous
- Maintain effective relationships with the Executive Board of O.N.A.K.A.I. and those members of other organisations or volunteers who are also contributing to the development of karate within the region.
- Carry out duties and responsibilities within limited supervision.
- Portray a competent and professional image.
- Be available and willing to undertake training necessary for the post.
APPLICATION Please send a CV and letter of application to Martin Clynch, Secretary to O.N.A.K.A.I. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21.6.2019