Job Title: Assistant Accountant
Responsible to: Chief Financial Officer
Contract Duration: Permanent Part Time Position
Responsible for: Finance Administration
Hours of work: 24+ hours per week
Salary: To be advised.
Cycling Ireland is the National Governing Body for the sport of Cycling in Ireland with approximately 26,000 members in over 450 clubs around the country. A vacancy exists for a talented and ambitious individual to join our Finance team.
Duties will include:
- Adherence to Cycling Ireland policies, procedures and rules.
- Maintaining the accounts payable and receivable system
- Preparing Accounts up to Trial Balance
- Encoding accounting entries
- Preparing accruals and prepayments
- Processing business expenses
- Completing bank reconciliations
- Balance Sheet Accounts reconciliation
- Completing financial reports on a regular basis and providing information to the management team.
- Assisting with budget preparation
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Completing the year-end analysis
- Managing monthly budgeting tasks
- Assisting with the Grant Application and claim process
- Maintaining the Fixes Asset requester
- Assisting with all statutory returns
- Other ad hoc duties as may arise.
Candidates should note that this list does not represent an exhaustive list and is subject to change as the job requires.
|Qualification & Attainments
|Higher level Leaving Certificate including English or Maths (or equivalent qualification)
Training for an accountancy Technician exam.
Excellent understanding of Double entry accounting.
Computer literate and competent in the use of accounting packages such as Sage, Microsoft Office including Word and Excel.
Fluent in the English Language
|Third level qualification
Formal Accountancy Training
Experience in using and developing accounting systems
Additional European Language
|Relevant Experience||At least 3 years experience in a similar role
Interest in Financial matters
Knowledge of Cycling in Ireland
|5 years’ experience in a similar role
Understanding of the influence of Finance in managing an organisation
Interest in Cycling Matters
|Special Aptitudes||Keen attention to detail
Proficient IT skills particularly regarding database management
Proven record of working to a deadline.
Excellent organisational skills.
|Previous experience in a accounting administration role
Interest in developing systems
|General Aptitudes||Accuracy and attention to detail with an inquisitive mind|
|Disposition||Good Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team.
Ability to be self-motivated, resourceful, work on own initiative in a flexible and co-operative manner.
|Ability to develop in the role
|Circumstances||Be prepared to undertake training in any relevant job related area.|
Application closing date: 12th April 2019.
Short listing will apply as does Garda/Access NI vetting procedures.
Interested persons are invited to submit their CV along with a covering letter outlining why they believe they are suitable for the post to Frank Keenan Chief Financial Officer, Cycling Ireland, to the following email address: email@example.com
Cycling Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.