Organisation: Volleyball Ireland
Location: 141 Thomas Street, Dublin.
Contract Length: 11 month contract
Full time / Part time: Full time Salary: €23,000 (based on an annual salary @ 12 months)
Application closing date: 12pm, Tuesday 29th January 2019
Programme duration: Monday 25th February 2019 – January 2020
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland in 2019. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Volleyball Ireland. Volleyball Ireland are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in line with Volleyball Ireland’s new strategic plan – Raising the Game. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
• To support the organisation in achieving project and programme objectives.
• To coordinate and have direct responsibility for the HEVO project (Higher Education Volleyball Officer).
• Perform ad hoc duties as required.
• Support the event management and delivery of a range of events including the Continental Cup Beach Volleyball Event – an Olympic Qualifying event, and National Finals Weekend.
• Support Volleyball Ireland’s Beach Commission to organise the first National Junior Beach Volleyball Tour.
• Work with colleges, universities and third level educational institutions to develop participation pathways.
• Support the delivery of Coach Education and CPD workshops to Volleyball Ireland volunteers and clubs.
The graduate must:
• Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January and November 2018.
• Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
• Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
• Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
The graduate may:
• Be a team player with an open mindset to learning and developing.
• Have energy and enthusiasm to develop sport and get more people playing Volleyball.
• Have creative ideas to increase participation in sport.
• Be well organised with the ability to stick to deadlines.
• Be proactive with the ability to offer solutions to problems.
• Have good written and verbal communication skills.
• Be able to use Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint and Word to a good standard. • Have voluntary experience within sport.
The job description is not exclusive.
Please email your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 midday on Tuesday 29th January, 2019. Interviews will be held in Dublin week commencing Monday February 3rd.