Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
Organisation: Table Tennis Ireland
Contract Length: 11 month contract
Full time : Full time
Salary: €25,000 (per annum – pro rata over 11 months)
Application closing date: 11th of November 2020
Programme duration: Dec 2020 – Nov 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11-month contract and will work directly for Table Tennis Ireland.
Table Tennis Ireland (TTI) is the National Governing Body for Table Tennis within the 32 counties of Ireland. Table Tennis has demonstrated over the years that it is a sport suitable for all age groups, from juniors to veterans, as well as able bodied and those with a disability. The association currently has 55 affiliated clubs and works with a further 97 schools. Our head office is located in Irish Sport HQ at the Sport Ireland National Campus and this is where the ASPIRE graduate would be the based for the duration of the programme.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s management committee and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of duties to support the organisation. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Taking the lead role on a nationwide Coach Licensing programme, in conjunction with both the Operations & Coaching Managers
- Assisting with the implementation of our Club Development Handbook in clubs and schools
- Supporting the Management Committee and other volunteers with day to day administrative duties
- Assisting our provincial branches with participation programmes in schools
- Willingness to work on other programmes/projects as and when required
The graduate must:
- Have a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January 2019 and November 2020
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis
- Have the ability and willingness to travel, from time to time, as part of the role
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be well organised with strong time-management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Be capable of managing their own workload and multi-task
- Have the ability to work on own initiative as well as part of a team
- Be proactive, supportive and diligent
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week. There may be occasional evening, or weekend work required from time to time. A time off in lieu system operates for any overtime worked.
Interviews: The applicant must be available to attend interview on 19th of November 2020
Start Date: The successful applicant must be available to start on 7th of December 2020
How to apply for this post: Selection shall be by means of a competition based on an online interview conducted by Table Tennis Ireland. When applying, you must provide a letter of introduction detailing your skills and experience relevant to the role and your Curriculum Vitae outlining your relevant third level education and any work experience you may have. Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should be received on or before 11th of November 2020.