Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
Organisation: Basketball Ireland
Location: National Basketball Arena, Tymon Park, Tallaght, Dublin 24
Contract Length: 11 month contract
Full time / Part time: Full time
Salary: €25,000 (per annum – pro rata over 11 months)
Application closing date: 5pm Thursday 12th November 2020 (interviews w/c 16th Nov 2020)
Programme duration: Dec 2020 – Nov 2021
The Sport Ireland ASPIRE Programme
ASPIRE is a graduate employment programme that is being funded by Sport Ireland. This programme has been approved by Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund. The aim of this programme is to enable a number of recently qualified sport and physical activity graduates to gain relevant experience working in the sports sector and to develop relevant skills and knowledge. The successful graduate will receive an 11 month contract and will work directly for Basketball Ireland. Basketball Ireland are responsible for the recruitment and selection of the graduate.
The role of the ASPIRE Graduate will be to support and coordinate programmes and projects in liaison with the organisation’s departments/units, stakeholders and volunteers. The successful individual will perform a wide range of administrative duties to support the organisation and will also play a role in providing support for upcoming projects. This placement offers the successful graduate a significant opportunity to gain relevant experience and to potentially advance their career in the sports sector. Previous experience in a similar role is not required.
Key Job Duties & Responsibilities
- To support the team / organisation in achieving project / programme objectives.
- To coordinate and have direct responsibility for a project or a specific set of tasks related to a project / programme.
- To provide admin support to the wider team as and when required.
- Assist with running and hosting of events while working as part of a team.
- Assist with member services, including project work, administrative support.
- Perform ad hoc duties as required.
The graduate must:
- Have graduated with a Master’s or Primary Degree in the area of Sport or Physical Activity between January 2019 and November 2020.
- Be currently unemployed i.e. not in current employment.
- Be available for the 11 month contract duration.
- Be eligible to work in Ireland on a full-time basis.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic, creative and energetic, with an ability to act on own initiative and display a willingness to learn and develop.
- Strong administrative, planning and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills (Microsoft Office, Powerpoint) with a strong working knowledge of IT related packages and systems;
- A team player and flexibility in working hours – please note, there will be weekend work involved with this role during the playing season.
- A full, clean driving license and own transport (preferable)
- A knowledge of basketball is desired but not essential.
Applications including a CV and cover letter should be send by email including “ASPIRE GRADUATE” in the email subject to Louise O’Loughlin, Basketball Ireland at firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 5pm Thursday 12th November 2020.
This project was approved by the Government with support from the Dormant Accounts Fund.