Canoeing Ireland are recruiting for an Administration Officer to join the Canoeing Ireland team in the Head office in the Irish Sports HQ.
About Canoeing Ireland
Canoeing Ireland (CI) is responsible for promoting, encouraging and advancing the sport of Canoeing at all levels throughout Ireland. This is done through providing membership benefits such as insurance, running courses, official events/races, encouraging and developing Instructors, coaches and promoting the sport to all levels of ability – from the beginner to our Olympians.
The CI offices are located in the Irish Sports HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15. Free parking is available. Standard office hours are Monday to Friday 9am – 5.30pm. However, some out of hours work will be required. As such, flexibility in working hours including weekends will be required from and will be extended to the suitable applicant.
Primary Job Purpose:
To coordinate the administration of all aspects of the CI Office, the administration of the Accounts package, coordination of training courses, races, events, and other functions are necessary to provide a first rate customer service to the members of Canoeing Ireland.
Reporting and Working Relationships:
The Administration Officer reports directly to the CI General Manager and will work alongside the rest of the CI staff.
The Administration Officer will be expected to establish close working relationships with:
- All other CI office staff.
- The officers of CI affiliated Discipline Committees and Clubs.
- Complete all administrative tasks associated with the day to day running of Canoeing Ireland, including, but not limited to registration of members, membership cards, online payments, insurance and taking member queries in person and via phone or email.
- Complete all administrative tasks associated with the CI race sanctioning process and event calendar including, but not limited to registration, promotion and development of race
- Co-ordinate all aspects of age, groups events/tours including, but not limited to the necessary administration, selection and gear requirements.
- Coordinate the financial aspects and reporting requirements associated with the delivery of CI
membership, courses and events.
- To undertake administrative and corporate governance requirements, including record keeping, data collation and report writing.
- Provide written reports and administrative assistance to the CI General Manager as required.
- Contribute to the efficient administrative operations of the CI office.
Decision making capabilities:
Responsible for coordinating the administration and delivery of the Office /Membership and event functions of CI.
- Can consistently meet competing demands through effective prioritising in a results oriented and member -focussed environment.
- Demonstrate commitment, drive and initiative in identifying ideas to achieve program and organisational outcomes.
- Displays personal responsibility for transparent decision making.
- Prepared to travel and work as required, and acknowledge that out-of- hours’ work will be required on various occasions.
- Third level education an advantage.
Please Note: The continual passing of applicable working with children checks is an essential component of this role and continued employment.
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Canoeing Ireland, Irish Sports HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Irish Sport HQ National Sports Campus Blanchardstown Dublin 15
Applications will close on Friday the 16th January 2015