About Golf Ireland:
Based in Carton Demesne, near Maynooth, Golf Ireland is the national governing body responsible for leading, growing and supporting the game of golf for all on the island of Ireland. In addition to the Carton Demesne site, Golf Ireland has teams based in four regional offices in each of the provinces of Ireland. The teams in these locations are responsible for the delivery of local operations in conjunction with their respective Regional Executive Committees. The primary functions of Golf Ireland include the administration of Championships and Inter-Club events, the administration of the World Handicap System and the Rules of Golf and Amateur Status, the delivery of a world-class high performance programme, contesting and hosting international fixtures, supporting clubs and growing the game. Golf Ireland now wishes to invite applications for the following role to be based at Golf Ireland HQ at Carton Demesne.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Commercial and Marketing Director and working alongside the Digital and Social Media Manager, the Press and Media Manager is responsible for the delivery of Golf Ireland’s communications strategy. This role will proactively seek out and execute PR and media strategies to promote Golf Ireland championships and competitions, participation programmes and
commercial portfolios while also managing incoming media requests and relationships with golf specific and sports media.
• Managing Golf Ireland’s relationships with the media, particularly with the sports and golf media.
• Working closely with the Commercial and Marketing Director and the Digital and Social Media Manager to ensure that the relevant media are proactively kept informed of Golf Ireland’s main activities and events.
• Producing written content for all platforms including but not limited to press releases, articles, websites and social media
• Monitoring the media coverage of Irish golf and ensuring that colleagues across the organisation are kept abreast of relevant coverage.
• Planning and managing media access to, and coverage of, Golf Ireland’s championships and Inter-club competitions.• Managing photography requirements across all Golf Ireland championships and events
• Working proactively with colleagues to identify opportunities for positive media coverage and commentary across sports and non-sports media
• Ensuring that the Golf Ireland brand is correctly displayed at all public events. The list of key responsibilities are not intended to be all inclusive and may include additional responsibilities as required and assigned.
About the Candidate:
We are looking for a passionate and proactive team member who has a desire to make a tangible and positive impact on the new organisation of Golf Ireland.
Experience & Knowledge:
• A relevant qualification in communications or related field.
• Experience of engaging with the sports media in Ireland.
• Strong written skills with an understanding of social and digital platforms.
• Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work with a broad range of stakeholders by sharing information and identifying and dealing with issues effectively.
• Experience of working with volunteers.
• Understanding of or experience in the golf industry in Ireland is desirable Competencies & Attributes:
• Is calm, confident, decisive and objective, especially under pressure.
• Willingness to be accountable and measured on performance.
• Skilled at prioritising, multi-tasking and problem solving.
• Excellent presentation and communication skills.
• Is energetic, highly motivated and enthusiastic.
• Is adaptable, coping well with change and tight deadlines.
• Ability to enhance the brand, profile and effectiveness of Golf Ireland.
How to Apply:
Applications for the role must include a cover letter and curriculum vitae and be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 1700 on Friday, March 26th, 2021.