The Volleyball Association of Ireland seeks applications for the post of Volleyball Development Officer. Officers will have responsibility for the successful implementation of the Association’s development strategy in their region.
Location: Ireland East or South
Payment: Will discuss at interview stage (Salary + expenses)
Category: Sports Development Officer, Fitness and Leisure.
Terms: Contract – Full-time for 9 months (August-May)
Successful applicants will:
- Have excellent communication/teaching skills.
- Be IT proficient and have the ability to work on own initiative.
- Have knowledge of Volleyball/SpikeBall or experience in another sport development background.
- Have the use of a car, which is essential to the role.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Promotion of SpikeBall game to children in schools, clubs and youth organisations.
- To set up junior SpikeBall clubs in local areas.
- To set up centres for the running of SpikeBall Volleyball Blitzes.
- To oversee the running of VAI Volleyball Blitzes and Tournaments.
- To develop links and partnerships with LSP’s, local council sports departments, Community Games and similar organisations.
- To arrange for demonstrations and seminars on SpikeBall to teachers and youth leaders.
- To develop links and Partnerships with all PLC’s and 3rd Level courses which offer sport as a course.
- To help develop recreational Volleyball at adult level in a designated community.
- To give practical support to all clubs in the area with particular reference to helping them forge links with local schools and developing a youth section.
- To encourage volunteers to become involved in the administration of local clubs and school projects.
- To make a database of all facilities suitable for playing Volleyball in the area with details of level, equipment and cost included.
- To help plan and run Volleyball events.
- To seek out possibilities of obtaining local grants and sponsorship to run local events.
- Report regularly on activity in required format by and to the National Director of Development and the Board of Administration.
- Provide necessary information as requested by and to the Board of Administration.
- Account for all monies received, in writing, to the Honorary Treasurer, together with details of their source, composition and purpose as required.
- Maintain an up-to-date register/database of contacts.
- Assist in the planning, set up, running and tear down of all VAI events.
- Assist the Office manager on an occasional basis.
Training, equipment & support will be available to enable the successful applicant to perform the role to the best of their ability.
The position will be salaried with expenses, for the duration of the contact starting in late August.
Appointment will be by contract for 35 hours per week for 9 months.
CV’s and a short covering letter must be received by Monday 29th August.
Email to: email@example.com
Subject: Application – Development Officer and either East or South.
The Volleyball Association of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.