The Camogie Association is seeking applications for the position of Finance Manager to join its national office in Croke Park. This is offered for a 13 month maternity cover contract. The position may be filled on a 4 or 3 day week working arrangement.
The Camogie Association is a professional, dynamic and vibrant organisation. Founded in 1904, it is one of the oldest female sports organisations in Ireland. Camogie is also one of the most popular female team sports in Ireland with a network of over 550 clubs.
The Finance Manager will report to the Ard Stiúrthóir (CEO) of the Camogie Association. The Finance Manger will lead the development of the Association’s finance function, including managing and interpreting financial reports to advise and support the development of Camogie. The post operates in a team environment and will be expected to work in a collaborative way with staff and volunteer colleagues.
From time to time the post requires an element of working unsocial hours including weekend work and travel.
Salary will be commensurate with responsibilities. Expenses such as travel, overnight accommodation where required and other allowable expenditure will also be paid.
Annual Leave: 25 days annual leave, pro-rata
Responsibilities of the Finance Manager
- Ensuring there is a robust and effective financial infrastructure for the Camogie Association that is compliant with legal, statutory and regulatory requirements and best practice
- Manage finance staff and mentor and support national Association staff to work in compliance with relevant financial procedures and best practice standards
- Manage, develop and review financial control policies and procedures for the national Association, and it affiliated units, as appropriate
- Provide support and guidance to units affiliated to the Camogie Association to work in compliance with relevant financial procedures and best practice standards
- Oversee and support the administration of the online membership registration system including reconciliation of payments received
- With relevant staff members, negotiate and manage financial relations, procurement and contracting with third parties including suppliers, service providers, including financial service providers
- Prepare yearly budget for the Association
- Complete all payroll functions for the Association
- Provide financial management and forecasting reports to management and Ard Chomhairle as required
- Develop and implement a number of corporate duties including the delivery of organisational development and change, strategic planning and risk management
- With relevant staff as appropriate, lead the development of opportunities and structures to maximise the return to the Association from commercial activities, and funding and sponsorship opportunities
- Undertake any other duties as requested by the Ard Stiúrthóir
- Professional accounting qualification. (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience or a minimum of five years’ experience running management accounts and producing financial statements within a small/medium size company
- Experience in all aspects of running an effective financial infrastructure including budgets, management accounts, and managing, developing and reviewing financial control policies and procedures for the Camogie Association
- Experience of managing staff
- Excellent IT skills with a comprehensive knowledge of accounting packages and a high level of competency in Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to build effective relationships internally and externally with a variety of people
- Knowledge and experience of procurement processes
- Experience of managing of a year-end audit
- Knowledge and experience of relevant legal, statutory and regulatory requirements
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- A highly motivated and positive approach
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Experience of working with community and voluntary organisations, especially in the sports sector is an advantage
If interested, click here to download the application form: camogieassocfinancemanager
Applicants should send their completed Application Form, along with their CV, to email@example.com or by post to:
(Postal applications should mark ‘confidential’ on the envelope)
Deadline: Wednesday 12th October 2016 at 5:30 pm. Late applications will not be accepted.