Applications are invited for the post of Swim Ireland Women In Sport Water Polo Officer.
This is a salary post, with a one year part-time contract (20-25 hours per week) which includes a three months’ probation period.
Role: To encourage young girls and women into the sport of water polo and to support Swim Ireland Clubs in providing activities and structures to facilitate participation by these young women. It is intended that the Officer will also be out and about visiting Clubs, Regions and facilities with a view to establishing water polo programmes as an offering to both encourage and retain young girls and women in the aquatic family.
Key Responsibilities and Areas of Accountability:
- Be responsible for establishing links between swimming and water polo clubs with a view to encouraging more girls and women to get involved in the sport of water polo
- Develop and implement programmes such as mini polo promoting water polo in Clubs and facilities
- Develop water polo programmes in colleges/universities
- Manage a small budget to support programme implementation
- Support the general development of the sport of water polo
Salary: The salary range for this part-time post (20-25 hours per week) is €14,000-€15,000 based on qualifications and experience.
Applying for post: If you would like to apply for the role as outlined above please send a CV outlining your qualifications and experience; a letter indicating the essential qualities that you would bring to this post together with names and contact details of two people (relatives or friends will not be accepted) who can comment on your suitability for this position (including your current or most recent employer).
Please submit your application either in writing to Adam Cox, Swim Ireland, Sport HQ, Park West, Dublin 12 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Monday 27th May 2013
For full role description please click here
Swim Ireland is an equal opportunities employer