Post Title: Administrator
Post Status: Full Time Contract
Location: Student Sport Ireland, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
Reports to: Honorary Secretary or nominee
Line Manager: Development Manager
Hours of Work: 9am – 5pm Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work.
Salary Range: €24,500 to €29,000
Annual Leave: 23 days
Principal Duties: The person appointed will:
- Coordinate the efficient administration of the Student Sport Ireland office
- Plan, coordination and deliver programmes, projects and initiatives with minimum supervision
- Undertake administrative and corporate governance requirements
- Ensure that all information is effectively recorded and stored
- Be responsible for the recording of minutes of meetings as required
- Maintain and update financial records
- Maintain and update the contacts directory
- Maintain and update the Student Sport Ireland web site and other social marketing tools
- Oversee the development and production of resource and marketing materials
- Ensure that good standards are maintained in all communications with member institutions, students and the general public
- Circulate to members up to date information on competitions, programmes and issues relevant to Third level sport
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the Honorary Secretary and his/her nominee (the Development Manager).
While not essential it is desirable that candidates possess a relevant third level qualification in Sport, Recreation or Business.
- Two years’ experience in office administration
- Strong planning, organisational and I.T. skills with proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel specifically), the internet and social media essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in financial management and reporting
- A professional and flexible approach to work
- Conscientious and self-motivated
- Task orientated with a proven ability to work on own initiative is essential
- Ideally a basic understanding of the sports structures in Ireland and
- A current driving licence and access to private transport is essential.
Hours of Work
The successful candidate will be required to work a 40 hour week (9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday) with occasional evening and weekend work. Time in lieu or reduction of weekly hours will be granted with the agreement of the Honorary Secretary or his/her nominee. Day to day tasks and work programme will be managed by the Development Manager.
Interested candidates are invited to forward their curriculum vitae with a cover letter to Ms Liz McLaughlin, Student Sport Ireland Honorary Secretary through the Apply Now section below no later than 2pm on Friday 4 September 2015. It is envisaged that shortlisting will begin on the week of 7th September with interviews to follow.
Applications received after the above date will not be accepted.
All queries in relation to the post should be forwarded to Ciarán Ó hIarnáin, Development Manager, Student Sport Ireland at email@example.com or Tel: 353 1 625 1173.
- Selection shall be by means of a competition based on an interview
- Candidates may be shortlisted on the basis of relevant qualifications and experience as set out in the candidate’s curriculum vitae
- The candidates shortlisted will be invited to attend for interview
- Student Sport Ireland will not be responsible for any expenses incurred by candidates in attending for interview
- A panel may be formed on the basis of the interviews
- The life of the panel will not be more than one year from the date it is formed
- Student Sport Ireland will require that the successful candidate take up the role within a period of not more than one month on receipt of offer.
For the purpose of satisfying the requirement as to her/his health it may be necessary for the employees to undergo at his/her own expense a Medical Examination by a qualified Medical Practitioner to be nominated by SSI.
Student Sport Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.