Meath Local Sports Partnership wishes to recruit a Sports Inclusion Disability Officer.
This is will be a specified purpose contract for a period of 2 years. Hours of work will be 35 hours per week. The salary for this post will be aligned to LA Grade IV Salary Scale commensurate with experience.
The Sports Inclusion Disability Officer will be responsible for the promotion and coordination of the sports inclusion programme across pan disability settings and with key stakeholders.
The candidate shall have:
- National Degree in Physical Education, Health Promotion, Adapted Physical Activity & Sports Development or equivalent qualification. Post Graduate qualification desirable.
- Minimum of 2 years management experience in the health, education or sports development sector.
- Minimum of 2 years experience of project management and initiating/implementing & developing adapted physical activity programmes.
- Volunteer management experience and background in the recruitment and retention of volunteers.
- An in-depth understanding of Adapted Physical Activity & Sports Development
- Proven experience in programme monitoring, evaluation & reporting.
- Sound working knowledge of the use of social media as a marketing and effective short burst communication tool.
- Sound working knowledge of managing budgets & preparing financial reports.
- Be IT proficient in Microsoft office, website maintenance and content management systems.
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills required.
Candidate must hold a full clean driving licence and have own transport.
Please send Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae by post or email to: Mary Murphy, Sports Co-Ordinator, Meath Local Sports Partnership, Townhall, Watergate Street, Navan, Co. Meath.
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12 noon Wednesday 18th July 2018. Candidates may be short-listed on the basis of information supplied in their application.
Meath Local Sports Partnership is an equal opportunities employer.