Sport Ireland and Sporting Pride are pleased to launch the #LetsGetVisible campaign as part of Dublin Pride Health and Wellbeing Week which takes place from 14th to 20th June 2021. The campaign aims to recognise and acknowledge the importance of visibility and representation amongst the LGBTQI+ community, specifically in the sport sector.
Sport Ireland and Sporting Pride will launch the campaign on Monday morning and will be promoting the campaign throughout the week
As part of this campaign our ask of stakeholders is to:
- Promote and raise awareness of the campaign with your clubs, members etc. (sample communication below), and encourage people to get involved in the campaign from Monday;
- Download the Profile Picture overlay and social media banners and add them to your social media profiles from Monday 14th June 2021 until Sunday 20th June 2021. Link to download resources: https://www.sportingpride.ie/campaign/lets-get-visible
- Post on your social media accounts throughout the week using #LetsGetVisible to show your support (sample posts below);
- To allow Sport Ireland to do a report after the campaign ends, please send back a sample of your posts to email@example.com Please submit either a screen grab of your posts or a link to the posts
Suggested content for issue to clubs/members/mailing lists
The following paragraph provides an example of what an NGB/LSP might send to their members in order to help create momentum behind the campaign:
Sport Ireland and Sporting Pride will launch the #LetsGetVisible campaign as part of Dublin Pride Health and Wellbeing Week taking place next week from 14th to 20th June 2021. The campaign aims to recognise and acknowledge the importance of visibility and representation amongst the LGBTQI+ community. It gives the sport sector the opportunity to show our support for the LGBTQI+ community and to promote sport as a welcoming and inclusive space for the community.
[Insert NGB/LSP name] are really excited and proud to support the campaign and we are asking all our clubs and members to do the same. To get involved in the campaign all you need to do is go to Sporting Pride’s website (https://www.sportingpride.ie/campaign/lets-get-visible ) and download a profile picture overlay, which you can add to your profile picture from Monday 14th June 2021. We are also asking people to post their messages of support for the campaign using #LetsGetVisible – you can get creative and post a picture with a pride flag, wearing your most colourful clothing, or you can use any of the graphics available to download on the Sporting Pride website.
- Suggested content for social media posts:
- Representation matters. Support matters. We are proud to join with @SportIreland & @SportingPrideIE during Pride month. #LetsGetVisible To join us, download your social media frame: https://www.sportingpride.ie/campaign/lets-get-visible
- Everyone benefits when sport is inclusive #LetsGetVisible More information available on the @SportingPrideIE website: https://www.sportingpride.ie/campaign/lets-get-visible @SportIreland
- Show your colours and show your support! Join us in supporting the #LetsGetVisible campaign. Download your social media frame https://www.sportingpride.ie/campaign/lets-get-visible @SportIreland @SportingPrideIE
- Sport is for everyone so #LetsGetVisible! Download your social media frame here: https://www.sportingpride.ie/campaign/lets-get-visible @SportIreland @SportingPrideIE
- We are proud to support the #LetsGetVisible Campaign. We encourage all our clubs to post the most colourful images of their members throughout the week. @SportIreland @SportingPrideIE