The Sport Inclusion & Integration Officer will work in a coordinating capacity with all relevant stakeholders to increase and sustain participation opportunities for under-represented participants, with a specific focus on people with disabilities and migrant communities.
The duties of the Sport Inclusion & Integration Officer include, but are not limited to, the following: –
- Implementing the objectives of Dublin City Sport & Wellbeing Partnership as set out in its current strategy;
- Assess, via a city audit, support services for people with disabilities and migrant communities;
- Build positive relationships with major disability and integration service providers to advocate and support increased participation opportunities;
- Review and make recommendations on Dublin City Sport & Wellbeing Partnership operational plans regarding inclusion of people with disabilities and migrant communities in sport and physical activity;
- Support clubs and groups in the development of inclusion and integration policies via organisation of workshops, seminars and networking events;
- Work with Dublin City Sport & Wellbeing Partnership team of Sport Officers to develop and sustain inclusion and integration programmes in local communities;
- Coordinate events, taster sessions, and programmes including any pathway links with local clubs, groups and facility providers;
- Assist with the set-up of new clubs where appropriate and identify level of uptake of sporting opportunities created, additional members to clubs, membership of clubs created, etc.;
- Promote the participation of people with disabilities and migrant communities in sport and physical activity programmes, coach/instructor training courses, volunteering and governance via targeted production and provision of information for promotional materials including posters, leaflets, newsletters, social media and website content;
- Liaise with CARA (Cara Centre: Sport Inclusion Ireland) to provide recommendations for improving accessibility of sports facilities and access to services to encourage greater participation for people with a disability in sport and physical activity;
- Link with CARA and the national network of Sports Inclusion Disability Officers in sharing information and support;
- Facilitate and promote the implementation of the national standardised training and education framework in collaboration with CARA;
- Liaise with the Office for the Promotion of Migrant Integration to develop cultural awareness and integration strategies.
Sport Inclusion & Integration Officer (Temporary 3 years)
Eligible: Suitably qualified persons
Salary: €41,625 – €49,990 per annum
Closing Date: 5.00p.m. Thursday, 11th October 2018
All applications must be made on the standard application form, please click here to get the form. Alternatively, the form may be obtained by emailing email@example.com, or by contacting the Human Resources Department at telephone number (01) 2223041.
Please note that all application forms must be typed, must include a scanned photograph where requested on the form and should be emailed, in PDF format, to the above email address.