‘Maximising the Impact of Sport Tourism’
4 Events over 2 Days with 25 speakers from the world of sport, tourism, events, marketing, sponsorship and destination development.
The second European Sport Tourism Summit will be in held in Thomond Park Stadium, Limerick on Thursday 14th May with an industry experts sessions on Friday 15th May. These expert sessions are designed for tourism and sport industry practitioners to learn from experts in of event planning, bidding, operations, impact evaluation and digital marketing. This year the event will also host the first European Sport Tourism Awards which will be held in King Johns Castle, Limerick. An academic conference will also run on Friday 15th May at UL Sport.
Among the line-up of speakers includes;
- Major Events: Ryder Cup, Commonwealth Games, 2015 Rugby World Cup, UEFA, Grand Depart Tour de France
- Event Development & Marketing: IMG, Manchester City, London 2012, Social Media Experts
- Industry Development: Sport UK, SportCal, International Triathlon Union, Event Ireland
- Tourism Development: Sport Event Denmark, Visit Flanders, Tourism Ireland, Failte Ireland, Visit England
Who should attend;
The event will attract delegates from sport tourism, international and regional events, sport organisations, sport marketing & sponsorship, tourism industry, tourism marketing, local authorities and national destination marketing companies.
Registration: http://sporttourismsummit.ie/event-registration/ (FIS Members select discount ticket- €250)
Thursday 14 May
- 9.30am Shannon Airport European Sport Tourism Summit, Thomond Park Stadium
- 7.30am Shannon Group European Sport Tourism Awards, King Johns Castle
Friday 15th May
- 9.30am Shannon Airport Industry Expert Sessions, Thomond Park Stadium
- 9.30am Shannon Airport Academic Conference, UL SPORT
Delegates can register for both days or attend one day only.
Nominations for the European Sport Tourism Awards are now open on www.sporttourismsummit.ie