Rowing Ireland is a membership organisation funded partly by Sport Ireland. The organisation is responsible for the development and participation of flat-water, coastal, offshore and indoor rowing in Ireland. Rowing Ireland is also responsible for the training and selection of individual rowers and crews representing Ireland internationally. Rowing is one of the most successful Irish Olympic sports and Ireland is ranked second in World rankings in this Olympic year. Rowing Ireland Affiliated Clubs (referred to as ‘Clubs’) are the backbone of our organisation and we are committed to ensuring that the sport continues to thrive, from the grass-roots right up to winning medals at the Olympic Games.
Rowing Ireland are seeking to recruit a full-time Events Executive to join our dedicated team. The Events Executive will be integral in supporting the delivery of key objectives within our Strategic Plan 2019-2024, to include assisting Clubs and leading our sport.
Role: Club Support – Events Executive
Location: Dublin or Cork
Contract Type: Full time
Application closing date: Wednesday 3rd March at 5pm, 2021
The primary purpose of the Events Executive role is to support Rowing Ireland, its clubs, and members in the development, planning, promoting and delivery of events – both land and water based. The Events Executive will ensure high levels of efficiency by providing practical and timely assistance to Event Organisers when needed, to assist the Clubs in becoming more sustainable. This will involve working with a number of key stakeholders to identify and meet their needs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Event Organisers in Clubs, members and Committees, in a friendly and timely manner
- Review and reignite a Working Group to identify, review, enhance and support the current calendar of Club events
- Work with the relevant Rowing Ireland Sub-Committees to deliver, review and enhance the current calendars of events
- Support the following areas within the life cycle of an event:
- Venue operations
- Volunteer recruitment and retention
- Branding delivery
- Sponsorship activation (prior to and at event)
- Sports presentation
- Live streaming (where required)
- Liaise with the Club Support Officer to ensure that up to date event safety recommendations are in place for Clubs to host events.
- Liaise with the Communications Officer to ensure that the Rowing Ireland brand and messaging is consistent across all Rowing Ireland events.
- Input on different ways and ideas to add value to Rowing Ireland events.
- Ensure that all post-event surveys are created and completed.
- Work closely with team members in the Communications Office to jointly develop and agree on event marketing and communications plans for each event, including event promotions and production of all event-related collateral.
- Develop and manage relationships with a cross-section of volunteers in order to oversee the smooth running of events.
- Create templates and “best practice” documents
- Develop relationships with stakeholders, local partners and other interest groups
- Work with the Club Support Officer to create a plan for current Rowing Ireland event venues and the potential for new venues
- Liaise with the Communications Officer to ensure that all events are maximised from a PR and sponsorship perspective including the Greenblades brand.
- Assist Event Organisers and Clubs where possible with the successful promotion of their events, identifying opportunities for sponsorship and media coverage
- Handle incoming queries relating to Club and Rowing Ireland events
- Identify and develop content for the Rowing Ireland website regarding events
- Present a positive image of Rowing Ireland (including its committees, volunteers and staff) and the sport of rowing at all times.
- Support new Rowing Ireland events, e.g., for Masters, Recreational, Get Going Get Rowing, Coastal and Offshore committee’s in creating innovative and safe events for our growing sport in all situations
- Collaborate with the Get Rowing programme in supporting events on and off the water.
- At all times consider how your role can support the strategic objectives of Rowing Ireland.
- Undertake other duties as and when required
- An in depth understanding of the legislation relevant to the delivery and hosting of events (including awareness of Rowing Ireland Rules)
- Demonstrable experience in the planning, development and coordination of events
- Experience of conducting event risk assessments and creating event plans
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure to deliver events on time and to budget
- Proactive, organised, responsible and proven ability to work well within a team
- Experience of risk management and building and safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of working with volunteers
- Ability to work evenings, weekends and public holidays
- Be self-motivated and able to work independently
- Willingness and ability to travel to Clubs and venues around Ireland
- Legally entitled to work in Ireland (both ROI and NI)
- Full clean driving licence and access to your own transport
- Knowledge of rowing and the Rowing Ireland Club system and support network
Rowing Ireland is committed to equal opportunities for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Salary will be dependent on experience.
Rowing Ireland Vetting Policy
Details can be found on the Rowing Ireland website
To apply for this role, email your CV along with a covering letter to Michelle Carpenter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: CVs received from agencies will not be considered for this role.