The Camogie Association is seeking applications for the position of Regional Development Officer.
The office base for the post is in Munster GAA Offices, Limerick and the post is currently designated to work in Waterford, Cork, Kerry, Clare, Limerick and Tipperary.
The post is offered for a 3 year fixed term contract.
The Camogie Association is a professional, dynamic and vibrant organisation. Founded in 1904, it is one of the oldest female sports organisations in Ireland. Camogie is also one of the most popular female team sports in Ireland with over 550 clubs.
The Regional Development Officer will report to the Director of Camogie Development.
The main responsibility of the post is to work with the Munster Provincial Council, county boards and clubs to facilitate increased participation of girls playing Camogie. The Association’s National Development Plan Our Game Our Passion is a key framework document for this responsibility.
The post holder will implement coaching structures in line with Coaching Ireland and the National Coaching Development Plan; assist in the roll out of referee education programmes and support the creation of effective administration structures at county level.
The post operates in a team environment and the post holder will be expected to work in a collaborative way with staff and volunteer colleagues.
From time to time the post requires working unsocial hours including weekend work and travel.
Salary: Dependent on experience but will not be lower than €30,750 plus expenses (travel, overnight accommodation costs where required, other allowable expenses in accordance with policies approved by Ard Chomhairle (Central Council) of the Camogie Association.
Annual Leave: 23 days annual leave. A time off in lieu (TOIL) system also operates.
Key Responsibilities of the RDO
- Implementation of the Camogie Association’s operational plan
- Promote, through the provincial councils, county boards and schools’ bodies, the establishment of effective coaching structures at club and school level
- Implement a programme for the recruitment and training of quality coaches and referees
- Liaise with the provincial council and regional development committee
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of a regional/national coaching database
- Actively promote, in conjunction with the GAA, coaching and games development initiatives/programmes
- Manage and report on any financial or other resources that are allocated
- Manage occasional or contract personnel as required
- Provide detailed reports as required by the Director of Camogie Development
- Actively promote the game of Camogie by utilising social media
- Liaise with the educational sector at all levels
- Liaise with relevant statutory and voluntary bodies
- Represent the Camogie Association on designated committees and as required.
- A sports-related third level degree
- A minimum of 2 years professional experience in a similar role, including experience of coaching and course delivery
- The ability to establish strong effective relationships with key stakeholders
- A high level of proven organisational ability
- Good administrative and IT skills
- Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and presentational
- Experience of working as a team member
- Be a dynamic self-starter with a proven ability to work independently
- Experience, either in a paid or voluntary capacity, of managing people
- A flexible approach
- Clean full driving licence and own transport
- Experience of working with community and voluntary organisations
- Experience of working in the sports sector, especially Gaelic games, is an advantage
Your application must include:
- Letter of application
- A completed Confidential Application for Employment form & Questionnaire (attached)
Please click here to download the Confidential Application for Employment Form & Questionnaire.
Please return this completed form and your letter of application, no later than 5.00p.m. Wednesday 30th September 2015 to email@example.com or by post to Joan O’Flynn, Ard Stiúrthóir, Camogie Association, Croke Park, Dublin 3. Interviews are scheduled for 15th October 2015.
Please mark your application ‘RDO’.