Cricket Ireland is the governing body for the game at both performance and participation levels throughout all-Ireland, representing the interests of both the men’s and women’s game. The future of Irish Cricket is incredibly bright following the awarding of ICC Full Membership and Test status to Cricket Ireland in 2017.
The Ireland Men’s team will compete in a World Cup Super League from 2020 to 2023; the T20 World Cup 2021 in India and a programme of Test cricket; whilst our Women’s team will play in a World Cup Qualifier 2021 in Sri Lanka, a T20 World Cup Qualifier in 2021 and hopefully gain access to the ICC Women’s Championship 2021-2023.
Underpinning both these teams is our Talent Pathway Programme and International Youth teams from under 15 to 19 both boys and girls, which this role supports the delivery of. Cricket Ireland has access to a warm-weather outdoor cricket performance centre in Spain, whilst the new outdoor high performance centre at the SI Campus in Dublin, both help our player development.
Cricket Ireland is seeking a Performance Operations Executive to help ensure the smooth professional running of the High Performance and International Operations department, supporting players and coaches, and the organisation and logistics of the Cricket Ireland Talent Pathway competitions for girls and boys both at home and abroad.
This is a position suiting someone hungry to get into the sports and high performance world, and not afraid to roll their sleeves up. The role will provide executive and operational support to the High Performance Director and the HP systems and processes; and help deliver the talent pathway programme through world class logistics and operations, working with the Head of Operations – International Cricket and Talent Pathway Manager.
The role involves both written and oral communication skills, organisational skills and requires excellent IT skills as well as the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and often to tight deadlines. We are seeking an individual who will flourish in a high performing environment and have a positive impact on those around them, and where confidentiality is key.
The Performance Operations Executive will report into the High Performance Director and will be based at the Cricket Ireland HQ in Malahide, North Dublin.
- Update and distribute the player handbook for all talent pathway, academy and senior men’s and women’s players and staff.
- Develop and implement a senior men’s and women’s player induction process.
- Responsible for specific areas of the Catapult Athlete Management System (AMS), and responsible for the education and training of the AMS to relevant staff and players.
- Maintain the key registrations database of players, coaches and support staff for all talent pathway, academy and senior squads through the AMS whilst ensuring compliance with GDPR legislation.
- Input match, series and tour details into the AMS for talent pathway squads.
- Liaise with the Cricket Operations Manager with regards to player eligibility information for the AMS.
- Liaise with DCU on the annual gym contract, manage the distribution of bands to squads.
High Performance Support
- Assist the High Performance Director in the administration and production of player contracts, consultant contracts and service level agreements.
- Act as administrator to the High Performance Committee; organise and attend meetings and take minutes.
- Organise and attend high performance management meetings, including minute taking, as required by the High Performance Director.
- Support the organisation and administration of high performance coach development.
- Planning and support for all performance programme areas of the talent pathway and international men’s and women’s teams.
- Communicate to senior and talent pathway men’s & women’s players about the high performance system, policies and support.
- Other duties as assigned by the High Performance Director from time to time.
Talent Pathway Operations
- Assist with the travel and accommodation arrangements, in conjunction with our travel partner, for talent pathway international teams and men’s & women’s academies.
- Adherence to CI’s safety and safeguarding protocols for talent pathway international teams.
- Act as administrator at selection meetings for talent pathway international teams.
- Procurement of, and assistance with visa applications for talent pathway and men’s and women’s academy overseas tours/competition/camps.
- Collate HP Centre and indoor (Ulster University Jordanstown, Bready CC and North County CC) cricket facility bookings for talent pathway and senior national coaching programmes.
- Support the Academy Manager and Talent Pathway Manager in organising overseas placements and training camps to develop talent pathway and academy players.
Clothing and Equipment
- Responsible for the ordering of clothing for players and staff for all talent pathway and academy squads.
- Receive, check and redistribute all clothing for talent pathway and academy programmes.
- Responsible for the ordering of coaching equipment for all senior and talent pathway men’s & women’s teams.
- Manage the stock controls of all equipment for the high performance centre, indoor venues and stock controls for talent pathway and academy teams.
- Keep audit records of coaching equipment and clothing.
- Co-ordinate the ordering, sale of, and distribution of youth team kit bags and helmets for all international (senior and pathway).
- Coordinate the framing of signed shirts and team photos and order gifts for team opposition.
- Raise purchase orders, track, document and file all invoices and expenses across the talent pathway international teams and academy, and in conjunction with head coaches.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED
- Qualified and/or have minimum 3 years full-time work experience in sports administration, high performance or a relevant field.
- Excellent IT skills including advanced ability with Word, Excel, Outlook and other Microsoft programmes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (good level of English spelling and grammar).
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and communicate effectively with a diverse range of people.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate the ability work independently and show initiative.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skill and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent time management skills.
- A keen interest in sport.
- A degree in Sports Science, Management or a relevant field.
- A keen interest and good knowledge of cricket.
- Experience in managing projects, events and schedules successfully.
- Knowledge of a high performance environment in sport.
- Knowledge of Athlete Management systems.
- A positive, professional, friendly and supportive manner.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to relate and empathise with clubs, leagues, volunteers and players.
- Hard working with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion at all times.
The post holder will be expected to work evenings and weekends from time to time.
- High Performance Director
- Head of Operations-International Cricket
- National Academy Manager
- Talent Pathway Manager & Coach
- Talent Pathway Coaches
- Cricket Operations Manager
- HP Committee
- HP support staff
- HP consultants
- The closing date for applications is Monday 22nd February 2021 at 5pm.
- To apply please send a detailed covering letter and full CV by email to email@example.com
- Interviews will be held on w/c Monday 1st March 2021.
- The package will include a competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, include a laptop and iPhone for business use, and complimentary gym and swimming pool membership.