An integrated solution for
the Management of Governance, Risk & Compliance
Paralympics Ireland has recently implemented the CalQRisk solution to streamline their Governance, Risk Management and Compliance efforts.
Paralympics Ireland is the National Paralympic Committee (NPC) for Ireland, recognised by the International Paralympic Committee (IPC). It is responsible for preparing and managing the Irish team at the Paralympic Games which are held every four years in parallel with the Olympic Games.
Before implementing CalQRisk, Paralympics Ireland had a manual approach to risk management and compliance with an excel-based risk register. This was time-consuming and cumbersome to manage.
The following are just some of the benefits Paralympics Ireland now experiences through their use of CalQRisk –
- Risk Register at the click of a button
- Automate the creation of Compliance Record Forms for Sport Ireland and the Charities Regulator
- Maintained library of risks, controls and compliance requirements
- And much more
Stephen McNamara, CEO of Paralympics Ireland said “Understanding and managing the risks associated with operating a high-performance sporting organisation is vitally important. CalQRisk helps Paralympics Ireland to do this in an interactive and user-friendly way, we look forward to using the system in the coming months and years.”
In recent years we have seen an increase in both public and regulatory scrutiny in sporting bodies. Governance issues making headlines and the introduction of Governance Codes have meant that GRC is the top of many organisations agendas.
Public & Private Funding is now dependant on the organisation being compliant. Good governance is expected, and is necessary to avoid any potential reputation damage. To add to this, the list of compliance obligations is continually growing; GDPR, Safeguarding, Vetting, Governance Codes, etc. The responsibility and subsequent workload on staff and volunteers is increasing.
CalQRisk is the solution
We applied our award-winning technology and methods to solve some of the most pressing issues facing those who manage and run Irish and International Sport, governance and compliance.
Key Benefits of using CalQRisk
- CalQRisk Sport is designed with and for Irish sport, with input from NGBs, our partner the Federation of Irish Sport and leading practitioners.
- Platform based on 15 years experience providing compliance and governance solutions to clients in highly regulated environments.
- CalQRisk gives the CEO and Board the power to see the entire organisation at depth.
- CalQRisk gives sports bodies a unified and easy to deploy process to make good governance a living part of your sport.
- Create and manage risk registers with ease.