Kilkenny Recreation & Sports Partnership wishes to recruit a Sports Administrator Grade IV on a 12 Month Part-Time Contract (2 Days per week)
Kilkenny Recreation & Sports Partnership, a Sport Ireland Initiative, aims to coordinate, plan & deliver sport and physical activity opportunities for the people of Kilkenny.
Requirements for post holder:
- Leaving Certificate or a Degree, Professional Qualification or National Diploma in a relevant discipline AND
- A minimum of 3 years experience in administration is essential
- Computer literacy and proficient in use of Sage 50 Accounts, Thesaurus and Microsoft Office
- Preparation of budgets and financial reports
- Bank reconciliation including cash handling, lodgements, online payments and the administration of petty cash
- Preparation for auditing of accounts and end of year procedures
- Excellent administrative, organisational and IT skills
- Ability to produce and access information efficiently and accurately.
- An interest in sport is desirable but not essential.
Title: Sports Administrator – Part-time Fixed Term Contract
Salary Scale: Grade 4 administrative scale in line with the local authority grades.
Hours: 15 hours per week – Monday & Tuesday 9.30am – 5pm with 30 minutes paid lunch break. The chosen candidate must be flexible, and willing to work evening and weekends to accommodate the service needs, for which time off in lieu can be taken.
Annual Leave: 22 days annual leave and pro rata where less than full time hours worked.
Travel Expenses: Travelling expenses will be paid where appropriate.
Location: John’s Green House, John’s Green, Kilkenny.
Reports to: Kilkenny Recreation & Sports Partnership Sports Co-ordinator.
Duration: 12 month fixed term contract subject to satisfactory completion of a 6-month
probationary period. The primary purpose of this post is to provide high quality administrative support to the Sports Coordinator in relation to all KRSP functions. H/she will also provide high quality financial and
administrative support for all activities carried out by KRSP including support for individual
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- To provide high quality administrative support to the Sports Co-ordinator in relation to all
KRSP functions and the KRSP Board.
- To perform the day to day processing of financial transactions to ensure the KRSP
accounts are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner in line with
financial policies and procedures and specific terms and conditions as set by funding
- To support the preparation of financial reports and the preparation of information for
financial audits including administration of year-end procedures.
- To support the preparation of financial reports and the preparation of information for Board
and sub-committee meetings, funding applications and report to funders.
- Administration of payroll and relevant revenue returns.
- Administration of tutor recruitment process and tutor compliance process.
- To perform reception and initial contact duties during the opening hours of the company
and support the Sports Partnership team in the delivery of a professional service.
- To ensure that the day-to-day operations of the Sports Partnership office are run effectively
- To provide relevant information to individuals and groups and to ensure that good
standards are maintained in all communications with the public.
- To ensure that all information is effectively recorded and stored, including updating and
maintenance of databases in line with relevant policies.
- To work within the Sports Partnership team and support the financial administration of
programmes/events identified by KRSP as key to the strategic development of sports and
physical activity in Kilkenny
- Administration of and attendance at externally delivered courses/programmes maintaining
high standards and representing KRSP as required.
- To support and contribute to the preparation of annual operational plans for the delivery of
the KRSP strategy.
- To partake in reviews of the operational plan reporting on its effectiveness and impact.
- To support the roll out of all KRSP activities including any of the Sport Ireland national
programmes and mass participation events as required.
- To be flexible in approach to work, and undertake any other duties that may be required
within the remit of the Sports Partnership – this may involve some evening/weekend work
from time to time.
The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities.
Sports Administrator Person Specification
|Qualifications||· Leaving Certificate or a Degree, Professional Qualification or National
Diploma in a Relevant Discipline
|· Accounting Technician Qualified|
|Experience||· A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· Computer literacy and proficient in use of Sage 50 Accounts, Thesaurus and Microsoft Office
· Preparation of budgets and financial reports
· Bank reconciliation including lodgements, online payments and the administration of petty cash
· Preparation for financial audits and end of year procedures
|· Administrative support to Board and sub-committee including minute taking, document preparation|
|Skills and Competencies||· Excellent administrative, organisational and IT skills.
· Accuracy and close attention to detail
· Ability to produce and access information efficiently and accurately.
· Excellent communication skills with a strong emphasis on customer relations.
·Good time management skills
· Ability to multi-task in a busy office environment
|· Ability to produce good quality publicity material
· An interest in sport and physical activity
· Experience of working with voluntary, community and/or statutory sector
|Attitude and Motivation||· A constructive, positive and progressive attitude to working as part of the Kilkenny Recreation & Sports Partnership team and an ability to develop partnerships with the wider community
· An ability to develop rapport and working relationships with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
· Awareness of the importance and value of participation in sport / active recreation
· A self-motivated approach to work.
|An awareness of the role and importance of both co-ordinated and inter-agency responses to local sporting needs|
|Transport||· A full clean driving licence and use of personal transport for work is required.
· Willingness and ability to travel.
The successful candidate will be required to complete the Garda Vetting process satisfactory to the
Sports Partnership’s requirements.
A commitment to on-going training and development.
Short listing of candidates may apply based in the information supplied. Canvassing will disqualify.
Those selected will be invited to attend for interview on Monday 9th July 2018 in Kilkenny City. Informal
enquires to Nicola Keeshan at 056 7794993.
KRSP shall require the person to whom the appointment is offered to take up such appointment as
soon as possible.
If you are interested in applying for the position, please submit 4 copies each of your statement of
suitability and CV by 1pm Wednesday 27th June 2018:
Nicola Keeshan, Sports Co-ordinator,
KRSP, Johns Green House, Johns Green, Kilkenny.
Kilkenny Recreation & Sports Partnership is an Equal Opportunities Employer