Paralympics Ireland is the National Paralympic Committee for Ireland, recognised by the International Paralympic Committee and is responsible for preparing and managing the Irish team at the Paralympic Games, which are held every four years.
It achieves this through partnership with member National Governing Bodies of Sport, Government, business, supporting bodies and the community.
The key focus of the organisation is around athletes who strive to compete at an elite level, upholding the ideals of the Paralympic movement.
A vacancy exists for the Chief Executive Officer who, under the direction of the Board, leads Paralympics Ireland and is responsible for the overall efficiency and effectiveness of all of Paralympics Ireland’s operations. This involves the management of all human and financial resources, as well as strategic planning and leadership necessary to meet Paralympic Ireland’s objectives.
The role has a unique mix of governance, sports administration, commercial strategy, stakeholder and relationship management, communication and financial management.
The key responsibilities of the role include the following:
- Ensure the development and delivery of the overall strategic direction of the organisation and Paralympic Sport to ensure success in line with agreed outcomes.
- Inform the Board of any relevant matters relating to the organisation and its wider operations (to ensure it is conducted in accordance with ethical governance, current legislation and financial regulations).
- In collaboration with the Board, lead a culture of Health and Safety across the organisation
- Oversee the implementation of agreed strategies to foster development, ensure the longevity of Paralympic sport and to create a sustainable pipeline of high performance ‘elite’ athletes to represent Ireland at Paralympic Games.
- Optimise both the short and long term financial performance and viability of the organisation
- Overall responsibility for the leadership, direction and development of the organisation and the Management Team
- Represent the organisation with all key stakeholders, lead all public relations activities and be a good ambassador for Paralympic sport at all times nationally and internationally
- Develop, manage and maintain the physical infrastructure and organisational assets, as appropriate
Skills and Experience Required
The successful candidate will have experience at a CEO level, or other senior leadership role. They are likely to have had a successful experience in the development and growth of the organisation where they have worked. Strong financial and management skills are a requirement and an understanding of sport and the Paralympic environment would be an advantage.
The base salary offered to the successful candidate will be competitive for the role.
The appointee will be based at the Paralympics Ireland Head Office at the National Sports Campus in Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
How to Apply
A full role description is available on request from email@example.com
Interested candidates should send their curriculum vitae and letter of application tailored for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 5pm on Wednesday 11th January, 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed for the post in the week commencing 23rd January.