The IRFU are inviting applications for the position of National Women’s Medical Coordinator and Head Physiotherapist.
Reporting to the Director of Sevens and Women’s Rugby and the Head of Medical Services, IRFU, the National Women’s Medical Coordinator and Head Physiotherapist will deliver a full time physiotherapist service to the Irish Women’s 7s programs and coordinate the level of service on a national basis to all Women’s and 7s Programs.
They will provide and deliver all aspects of physiotherapy care to the IRFU Women’s Programme and work with the programme medical and fitness staff in the coordination of treatment, monitoring and return to play, and co-ordinate injury pre-habilitation/rehabilitation programmes of IRFU Women’s Programme.
In addition, they will attend IRFU Women’s Programme squad training, meetings and matches. It is their responsibility to report to the medical/coaching staff on relevant matters relating to player’s injuries and progress as well as ensuring the IRFU injury tracking system is kept up to date. They will also maintain and update their knowledge and practice of sports physiotherapy, to include participation in IRFU physiotherapy in-service meetings.
The role requires regular after hours and weekend activities and international travel.
- Chartered physiotherapist degree or equivalent;
- Level 2 SAFE Rugby or equivalent qualification;
- Member of the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists;
- Expertise in sports rehabilitation and return to play.
- Proven high level understanding of professional sporting environment, especially elite player development;
- Proven clinical skills and evidence innovation and cutting edge clinical practice;
- Demonstrated ability to plan and mobilise others to act strategically;
- Outstanding ability to initiate, monitor and review projects and activities in line with organisational strategic plans;
- Proven management experience with a demonstrated ability to maintain relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders;
- Outstanding communications skills – written & verbal
How to Apply:
To apply for the position, please send your CV (of no longer than 3 pages) to Eoin Ward, HR Generalist through the Apply Now section below.
The closing date for applications is strictly 13:00 on Wednesday 23rd September 2015. This position is being offered on a 2 year fixed term basis.
The IRFU is an equal opportunities employer