Job Title: Chief Operations Officer – National Sports Campus Development (Operations) Limited
Reporting to: Director of the National Sports Campus (Sport Ireland)
An opportunity has arisen for a Chief Operations Officer role in the National Sports Campus Development (Operations) Limited – NSCDA (Ops) Ltd.
The National Sports Campus Development (Operations) Limited is subsidiary of Sport Ireland and was established to provide service delivery to the National Sports Campus. It has responsibility for the operation of the National Aquatic Centre, FAI HQ, Irish Sport HQ, a HQ facility for 19 National Governing Bodies (NGB’s), the National Horse Sports Arena, Sports Ireland, National Diving Training Centre, the National Modern Pentathlon Centre, Multi Sports Pitches, and Athlete Accommodation all of which are within the National Sports Campus at Abbotstown. It is also responsible for the management and operation of Morton Stadium at Santry.
The Chief Operations Officer role serves as the General Manager responsible for NSCDA (Ops) Ltd.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Commercial Growth – Strong commercial background with a proven track record of driving increased profitability in a dynamic environment. Responsibility for maintaining and generating present and future income revenue streams.
- Leadership & Development of the National Sports Campus – Playing a significant role in the long term planning with a view to delivering operational excellence, financial controls (in conjunction with the Head of Finance) and ensuring that appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with.
- Maintain operational efficiencies across all service lines – Manage and increase the effectiveness of support services (including HR, IT & Finance) and management of the organisational budget in coordination with the Head of Finance and the Director.
- Develop a programme of outsourcing – Capture efficiency gains through contracting out activities.
- Implementation of a Service Level Agreement –Establish a Service Level Agreement between the NSCDA (Ops) Ltd and Sport Ireland, negotiate and agree the Operational Level agreements.
- Develop key relationships with relevant stakeholders including companies and service providers to expand and grow fully the commercial capabilities of the Campus.
Key Skills & Experience
- Commercial growth – strong commercial background with a proven track record of driving increased profitability in a dynamic environment. Responsibility for maintaining and generating future revenue streams.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and in major initiatives.
- Excellent planning & organisational skills with a proven ability to design and implement robust business processes.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to synthesise complex information from diverse sources into coherent clearly written reports.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to identify, address and resolve problems.
- Ability to identify, address and resolve problems.
- An understanding of the key risks facing the business and the industry sector.
- Ability to think strategically and critically in order to develop strategic plans.
- A collaborative management style, excellent people manager who delegates responsibilities effectively.
- Advanced interpersonal and influencing skills.
- Comfortable working in a diverse environment.
- Dynamic individual with the ability to motivate and persuade.
- Customer focused, exercising a high level of professional judgment.
- Ability to persuade with details and facts.
- Empathetic yet persuasive when dealing with sensitive financial issues.
- Maintains positive, productive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to be discrete, tactful with due respect for confidentiality.
Knowledge (Education & Related Experience)
- More than 5 years Management experience with a commercial background.
- Knowledge and experience in organisational effectiveness, operations management, project management and
implementing best practices.
- Relevant 3rd level qualification.
- Experienced in ensuring the reliability of SLA agreements (e.g. existence, accuracy and completeness of information).
- Understanding of the application of legislation to the operations requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of Government contract management.
- Strong experience and skills to manage large scale budgets effectively.
Salary for the position will be commensurate with the experience of the successful candidate.
If you wish to discuss this further please contact Jerome Forde at Jerome.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 087 987 8992
For a full job spec, click here: NSC JOB SPEC_3b