NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
responsible for Referee & Player Development
The Ladies Gaelic Football Association (Association), founded in 1974, has over 180,474 registered members in Ireland. The game is played in countries across the world.
To continue its development as one of the largest, fastest growing, active and dynamic sports in Ireland, the Association is looking to fill the vital position of National Development Officer responsible for referee & player development based primarily in our Head Office in Dublin.
This is a really exciting position for a dynamic and driven individual wishing to enhance their career.
Reporting to the National Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The implementation and monitoring of the Associations Referee Education Programmes and Player Development strategies and objectives.
- As part of the development team, designing and driving the implementation of a range of programmes and policies to support both elite and participative player development and deliver on the referee education programme both nationally and internationally.
- Supporting clubs, county boards, provincial councils and international units, developing collaborative working relationships with referees and players, delivering training and providing information and advice.
- Working as part of the Association Development team, deliver projects and programmes as they arise.
Successful candidates will have:
- Relevant 3rd level qualification in sports related discipline or equivalent relevant to the post.
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a position responsible for the development and delivery of programmes in a sporting organisation ideally with direct experience of referee development.
- A high degree of initiative with proven planning and organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to build effective relationships with a variety of diverse stakeholders at local and national level.
- The ability to work both individually and as part of a team.
- Have an interest in the sport and a knowledge of the structures and operations of a sporting organisation.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
Applicants should submit completed application forms for this position to:
National Development Manager
Ladies Gaelic Football Association,
Foor full Job Description and to get the Application form click here Application form
Completed application forms must be received by the Association not later than Monday 29th January 2018. Late applications will not be accepted.