JOB TITLE: National Development Manager – Maternity Cover
OFFICE LOCATION: UCD Belfield
SALARY: Remuneration will be commensurate to qualifications and experience
RESPONSIBLE TO: Hockey Ireland CEO
HOURS: 35 hours
CONTRACT: Maternity cover (full-time)
START DATE: March 2018
This position is responsible for managing the delivery of the relevant areas of Hockey Ireland Strategic Plan. The NDM is responsible for administering and managing programmes, and development staff, to promote sustainable participation opportunities in Ireland.
This role is primarily office based and will involve some work outside of office hours. Access to private transport is required as applicants will be required to travel throughout Ireland.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Management of Hockey Ireland development staff
- Review and management of programmes on an ongoing basis including:
- Tricks 4 Sticks
- Hockey Skills Challenge
- Club networking groups
- Young Hockey Leaders Award
- Young Umpires
- Leads the review and development of the participation aspects of the strategic and operational plans. Responsible for the implementation of these plans.
- Applying for funding and delivering on funding requirements, specifically DAF and WIS funding
- Conduct annual club participation survey, and review analyse and present data
- Manage all project budgets
- Implementation of marketing plan for Development programmes
- Work closely and consult with provincial associations and Hockey Ireland staff
- Attend appropriate meetings as directed by HI
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time in accordance with the general nature of the post
- Assist in applying for funding and delivering on funding requirements
- Work in partnership with other sporting bodies
CV and cover letter should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before Wed 31st Jan 2018.
Hockey Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
|Skills and Attributes||Details|
A degree (or equivalent) in a subject which can be proven to be relevant
4 years’ full time (or part time equivalent) experience which can be proven relevant to the post.
A post-graduate qualification in a sports related discipline which can be proven relevant to the post.
Knowledge and Experience
A minimum of 5 years full time (or part time equivalent) experience supporting the development of at least one of the following:
· Sports Clubs
Demonstrable experience of developing and working in partnership with bodies such as local sports partnerships, education, community groups.
Demonstrable experience of identifying and disseminating good practice in sports development
Demonstrable skills and experience of managing resources in line with agreed policy.
Demonstrate a sound understanding and knowledge of the working of Hockey in Ireland
A knowledge and understanding of club development, including volunteer and coach development
A knowledge and understanding of the challenges facing sports clubs and communities
Attitudes and Behaviour
Ability to undertake work/tasks involving a high degree of attention to detail
Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Strong administrative planning and organisational skills
Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
Working with others
Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
Good oral and written communication skills
Good presentation skills