Paralympics Ireland is seeking to appoint a Para Swimming Operations Manager to work within the Sport Department under the direction of the Paralympic Performance Director
The successful candidate will be responsible for co-ordinating the High Performance Programme for Paralympic Swimming leading towards the 2016 Rio Paralympic Games in accordance with the annual performance program agreed with the Performance Director and National Swimming Coach. This includes the coordination of Paralympic Performance Swimming Squads, to ensure effective coaching support and other necessary support staff to support the Paralympic Swimming Performance Pathway.
Subject to performance and the availability of accreditation, the position holder will have the opportunity to be a key member of the Irish Paralympic Swim Team at the Rio 2016 Paralympic Games.
The Para Swimming Operations Manager will report to the Paralympic Performance Director and among the key tasks will be required to:
- Support the development, implementation and monitoring of the High Performance Plan and appropriate pathway for Paralympic Swimming as directed by the Paralympic Performance Director.
- Managing of and coordination of coaching support and other support staff members for all events and activities within the Performance Plan including Senior & Development panel events, and logistical coordination of same.
- Coordinator of the Swimming Performance Committee (SPC), Performance Pathway and SPC Development Squads.
- Lead the coaching Team of the SPC Development Performance Squad at SPC camps and competitions.
- Provide coaching support to the National Swim Coach at all senior panel events as listed on the 2015 Para Swimming Performance Plan as requested.
Applicants should have:
- Proven ability in the management of squads
- Swim Ireland Level 3 Coaching qualifications indicating an ability to successfully monitor the appropriateness of coaching support to athletes on the programme
- Recent track record of working at elite level with athletes and squads
- Demonstrable ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills including negotiation skills
- Organisational ability and competence in IT including e-mail, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to be adaptable and to perform in a pressurised setting to strict targets and deadlines
- A clear understanding and commitment to Anti-Doping in sport.
- Management Experience
- Experience of data management
- Experience of report writing
- A clean current driving license
- Satisfactory completion of Paralympics Ireland Garda Vetting Procedures.
Salary: €18,500 per annum.
Contract type: Part-time fixed term contract until 31/12/2016.
Base location: Dublin. Due to extensive travel involved, a clean current full driving licence and own car is essential
Interviews: Interviews for shortlisted candidates will be held the week commencing Feb. 9th.
|How:||By post to:
Paralympics Ireland, Irish Sports HQ, National Sports Campus, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15.
|By:||5pm on Monday 2nd February, 2015|
|Requirements:||1) Letter of application tailored to the position
2) Current Curriculum Vitae
3) 2 references appropriate to the position applied for
|Notes:||Canvassing to the Board or staff will disqualifed
Paralympics Ireland retain the right to re-advertise the position should a suitable candidate not emerge from the process
Shortlisting will take place week commencing Feb. 2nd with Interviews scheduled the week commencing Feb. 9th.
For further information, please check out the job specification here