The aim of the Irish Judo Association is to promote the participation in Judo, in a safe and constructive environment, enabling each participant to achieve their full potential in their selected area of activity within the organisation. Within the current strategy for the Association, the work of the office of the Irish Judo Association has expanded and the Association is now recruiting a Part Time Office Administrator to support the Office Manager.
Job Title: Office Administrator – Part Time (up to 15 hours per week)
Reporting To: Office Manager, Irish Judo Association
To act as part time office administrator and to support the work of the Office Manager of the Irish Judo Association.
The part time office administrator will work closely with the Office Manager and Executive Committee of the Irish Judo Association to provide secretarial and administrative support.
The part time office administrator will seek to inform themselves of the work of the organisation, its aims and objectives and develop an understanding and knowledge of the organisations stakeholders and organisational needs.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
1. Assist in the provision of clerical, secretarial and administrative support to the Irish Judo Association Office Manager including:
screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them directly when appropriate;
dealing with incoming email and post;
processing annual memberships, gradings etc. when received to the office;
organising meetings, meeting packs and attending meetings;
maintaining office systems, including data management, filing, & archiving,
Arranging travel and accommodation and, if requested;
2. Ensuring the efficient administration of the Board, sub-committees and working groups including liaising with chairs and club secretaries on setting agendas, creating minutes, managing logistical arrangements for meetings, tracking and monitoring actions and to-dos.
3. Supporting the Management of Events to a consistently high standard including for example, AGM, National Competitions, and Coaching Programmes.
4. Support to the Office Manager with regard to administrative work on budgetary and financial matters.
5. Liaise with Board Members, Committees, and Stakeholders and outside agencies where applicable.
6. Perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned by the Office Manager.
This job description is not to be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and may be amended in the light of the changing environment within Sport of Judo.
Excellent organisational skills with good attention to detail is essential in this role
Ability to grasp and contextualise specialist information
Strong writing & communication skills
Good ICT skills with the capacity to maximise technology to increase efficiencies in processes and procedures
Previous experience in a compatible role
Able to work on own initiative
Terms and Conditions:
Full Clean Driver’s Licence
Minimum 5 years work experience in a similar administrative role
Based in Irish Sport HQ, National Sport Campus, Dublin D15 DY62
Close Date for Applications – Friday 10th March 2017
Candidates should submit a cover letter together with curriculum vitae to include the names & contact details of 2 referees to Ms Deirdre Leonard, Irish Judo Association, Irish Sport HQ, National Sports Campus, Abbotstown, Dublin D15 DY62 or firstname.lastname@example.org